OT The Pink Toenails of Shame

Old July 14th 17, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default OT The Pink Toenails of Shame

oooh, he is probably mad he has had to turn in his "man-cat card" with new pink toenails.

Hoping the house effort continues moving forward!

Ginger in CA
[email to respond is ]

On Sunday, July 9, 2017 at 2:08:53 PM UTC-7, Night Mist wrote:
So the bank needed to copy some more papers, thus I was poking about in my file drawer. After getting everything found and sorted, and everything els back where it belonged, I closed the drawer. Completely forgetting how attractive the space behind the drawer is to cats and how sneaky they are about getting in there whenever it is opened.
Usually it is Jiji who sneaks back in there. This time when I heard the howl and opened the drawer Jericho came out. In a complete and total panic, over the top of the files instead of out the back hole that is made when the drawer opens.
He lunged out, grabbed the arm of the chair with his front claws and scrabbled out, raking my leg from lower thigh to mid calf in the process. Good thing I was wearing shorts instead of a skirt or he would have just ruined the fabric.

I was just "well damn"! and went to get a washcloth and some antibiotic ointment.
However DH caught me and made me sit while he fussed around with peroxide and gauze and tape and such. It was just scratches, a bit of blood welled up and it welted in a couple of spots, but it is not like I needed stitches or anything. In fact I think the bruising from the tape is worse than the scratches. DH took on like I had been attacked by a leopard.

This resulted in a trip to Petsmart during yesterday's shopping excursion.. Poor Jericho has had his claws clipped and those nail covers for cats applied.

He now has pink toenails.

He is still walking around the house shaking his feet and periodically trying to chew them off. We have had a lot of yodeling with a particularly pathetic edge to it. Jiji keeps coming up and sniffing Jericho's feet and giving him that "Dude!" look.

NightMist

Old July 15th 17, 10:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Night Mist

I am not sure how much longer I can stand to let the covers stay on. The poor kitty-man is going bonkers with them. Watching him trying to use the scratching pad with those things on is beyond sad. I think Jiji chan not having to wear them is just insult to injury.

The hunt is on. I heave been trying to get DD3 to understand that she may have to resign herself to getting a license and driving to work herself. She has been hoping to find something close enough that she can stick to her carpool or at any rate jump to another.
Somebody sent me a link to a foreclosure that just makes me want to cry. 5 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, nearly 3k square feet, on 74 acres, bank has dropped the listing price below 90K and is willing to negotiate. The place has been abandoned for a couple of years, and they never cleared it out, some of the rooms are literally knee high in junk. A derelict trailor and a falling down corrugated barn are also on the property. You can see in the pictures that the roof edges and the soffits are shot, plus there is some obvious damage to the interior. It would cost more to fix than we could afford at what the taxes will be after the first year, they got an agreement from the township to drop the taxes to 1/3 for the first year of new ownership.. Even with the property tax freeze and cap in this state, 74 acres is not tax cheap!
You have to wonder what the people who had the place were to leave it so. Did they just jump out of bed one night and run off? were they hauled off to jail? What the heck happened? The mess makes one rather suspect jail. The only time I have ever seen that sort of mess was after the police finished with a house after a friend's DH was arrested.

NightMist

On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 11:17:09 AM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

Disaster and shame around New Orleans to get worse??? Fred Needlework 10 September 7th 05 02:47 AM
In the pink! AliceW Quilting 16 July 15th 05 05:52 AM
Fool me once, shame on me, fool me by not stating things.. .shame on eBay Su/Cutworks Beads 1 January 17th 05 09:53 PM
Painted my toenails Polly Esther Quilting 3 March 18th 04 03:09 AM
OT - Have Ebay Sellers No Shame?? Sharon Harper Quilting 3 January 9th 04 11:11 AM