OT - Mega Yuk

Old May 14th 05, 03:15 AM
anne

Default OT - Mega Yuk

Although Star Trek Enterprise was, imnsho, not as good as any of the other
series, the final episode was truly bad, if not downright abysmal!!! The story
line was terrible as was the acting!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old May 14th 05, 12:52 PM
Pat EAXStitch

"Stitcher" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 May 2005 22:15:33 -0400, anne wrote:

Although Star Trek Enterprise was, imnsho, not as good as any of the

other
series, the final episode was truly bad, if not downright abysmal!!! The

story
line was terrible as was the acting!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was poor from the beginning bad writing = poor character
development, poor/weak story lines.
All the other star treks were progressive.To go back in the story
line to before the time line of the first series was a concept that
the writers seemed to loose sight of in the development of the plots
which were totally implausible given the supposed time line,
especially the main thread plot that was supposed to tie the episodes
together. Basically suffered from terrible writing and poor casting
choices. Too bad really as it could have led to some clever plots
with good writers. It always came across as B movie stuff. That is
the problem that the new Dr. who series suffers from . Just a poor
attempt to capitalize on fan loyalty.
I gave up on it pretty well after the first season, tuning in to the
occasional episode to see if it was improving, instead it got worse.
I think the producers/developers seem to think that the fans would go
for anything star trek. Such poorly produced pap unfortunately will
snuff out any future chances of new star trek series. The best of the
lot was Deep Space Nine.
ruby

When I think how we loved the original, and then look at one now (with
Captain Kirk) I can`t think what posessed us.

The "Next Generation" can`t be beaten, IMO. Wonderful cast, particularly
Patrick Stewart and Wotsisname who played Ryker.

Pat P

Old May 14th 05, 04:23 PM

anne wrote in
ews.com:

Although Star Trek Enterprise was, imnsho, not as good as any of the
other series, the final episode was truly bad, if not downright
abysmal!!! The story line was terrible as was the acting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank Berman and Braga for that, as it was just one more step in their
destruction of the franchise.

This season was actually good, since Manny Coto took over. However the
finale was a leftover from season three, written by Berman and Braga when
they thought it would be the last. Look at the difference between Terra
Prime (this season's penultimate episode) and the finale -- it's like night
and day.

It's sad really, to see how well the idea of going back the the beginnings
of the Federation could have worked out if it had been in the hands of
Manny Coto. I think Ebterprise could have rivalled The Next Generation
even in its heyday.

Old May 14th 05, 05:11 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Interesting discussion about "Enterprise" vs "Star Trek" vs "Next
Generation".

Actually, my husband and I didn't think much of the acting on "Next
Generation" except for Brent Spiner, who made the show. Stewart over
acted the part. The staff was stiff. Many of the stories were rip-offs
of the original series. The Borg was interesting. But we tired of the
warp-drive off line scenarios that haunted it and "Voyager" to a fault.

We loved "Enterprise" and thought the character development was good in
the beginning. We lost track of it, however, as UPN kept changing its
schedule. We watched last night's two hours, which we caught
accidentally by channel surfing :-) An end of an era. Finally the two
characters from "Next Generation" acted like real human beings.

Dianne
--
"The Journal of Needlework" - The E-zine for All Needleworkers
http://journal.heritageshoppe.com

Old May 15th 05, 02:20 PM
anne

Stitcher said
It was poor from the beginning bad writing = poor character
development, poor/weak story lines.

I liked Scott Bakula in Quantum Leap where he played multiple characters, all
with a great deal of empathy for the plight of the situations into which he had
leapt. Hated him as Murphy Brown's Bruce-Willis type boyfriend and thought he
wasn't able to act 'commanding' even when the bad writing in Enterprise called
for him to do so. The calmness/eveness of Avery Brooks' voice in all situations
was a bit off-putting in Deep Space 9. I didn't get to see much of Voyager when
it first aired as the local channel didn't carry it in prime time or even in
the same late night time slot with any regularity.

Even though the original series was cheesy with paper mache scenery, Kirk's
romantic encounters, and over the top emoting, the story lines were quite
special.

--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old May 15th 05, 02:39 PM
norman77

anne wrote:
Although Star Trek Enterprise was, imnsho, not as good as any of the other
series, the final episode was truly bad, if not downright abysmal!!! The story
line was terrible as was the acting!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the makeup artists and hairstylists should be shot! Ick.
Especially for "These are the voyages" (The episode w/Troi and Riker.)

--Mickey

to reply: mickey18385 at yahoo dot com
Old May 15th 05, 10:17 PM
Pat EAXStitch

Oddly enough I accidentally stumbled on an episode of Startrek Enterprise
this afternoon - I`ll make darned sure I don`t stumble on it again!

Pat P

"anne" wrote in message
ews.com...
Stitcher said

Old May 16th 05, 04:16 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

All this writings , reminded me that when we lived in Manchester we
saw [black& white] Startrek .....
I hated those costumes which reminded me of how IceSkaters were
dressed , ladies always with bare legs and men in nice and comfotable
tight warm covered up legs.

mirjam

Old May 16th 05, 11:44 AM
Pat EAXStitch

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
All this writings , reminded me that when we lived in Manchester we
saw [black& white] Startrek .....
I hated those costumes which reminded me of how IceSkaters were
dressed , ladies always with bare legs and men in nice and comfotable
tight warm covered up legs.

mirjam

They`re all dressed more or less the same in the later versions, Mirjam - no
bare legs to be seen! Very rarely, anyway!!!

Pat P

Old May 16th 05, 01:26 PM
anne

Pat EAXStitch said
They`re all dressed more or less the same in the later versions, Mirjam - no
bare legs to be seen! Very rarely, anyway!!!

Seven of Nine's skin tight outfit caused quite a stir among the testosterone
laden crowd ;-) The estrogen crowd swooned whenever Trip took off his shirt g
--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply