OT (sorta?) It's happening again!

Old June 30th 04, 03:10 PM
Kandice Seeber

We all have this kind of stuff, I think - ours growing up was ground beef,
cream of mushroom soup (undiluted) and cut up potatos. With all kinds of
spices added in.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Ours is ground beef, browned, Oriental Ramen Noodles, a package of frozen
veggies (I can get the stir fry kind Super cheap at Wally World) and the
Kikkoman sauce I'm looking to get coupons for.

I can eat that mix ALL night long, and want more for breakfast.

Linda2 wrote:

This is a tried and true cheapie but delicious recipe that my son loves

and
Colette agrees is yummy (and she's really picky).

I lb ground beef
1 box elbow macaroni
1 bottle ketchup.

For some weird reason, the ketchup turns into a really delicious sauce.

never have leftovers when I make this for company.

My mom used to make spaghetti, ketchup and Velveeta, all melted together.
We loved it as kids, and ate it a LOT.

In our family the poverty meal was always pizza, which I made from

scratch,
with a bunch of grated whatever cheese we had around, and a can of tomato
sauce. They never complained even when there was no pepperoni on it. I
have good girls. :-)

-Su

~Candace~
Orphan Beads Low cost and bartering for the financially challenged

beader
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Old June 30th 04, 04:31 PM
Su/Cutworks

Kandice wrote:

We all have this kind of stuff, I think - ours growing up was ground beef,
cream of mushroom soup (undiluted) and cut up potatos. With all kinds of
spices added in.

Mom's after-school sports event dinner was Rice-a-Roni (sing along with
me!!!), a can of cream of mushroom soup and a cut-up chicken.

I have reached that point in my life where I only eat the things I really
like, such as breast meat from chicken since I was the middle kid and always
ended up with a drumstick or wing. Crunching through all the icky bits
really put me off chicken for years until I finally decided that whenever I
had chicken I could choose to have a breast.

Luxury, I know, but it's the one thing I really feel strongly about. And
Cheetos.

-Su

Old June 30th 04, 05:18 PM
Kandice Seeber

I totally agree - I won't eat chicken unless it's off the bone and white
meat. Just because I can't stand the crunchy bits!! LOL

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 1st 04, 02:08 AM
melinda

Kandice Seeber wrote:
We all have this kind of stuff, I think - ours growing up was ground beef,
cream of mushroom soup (undiluted) and cut up potatos. With all kinds of
spices added in.

Sounds similar to something I do. Swap pasta for the potatoes, mix it all
together top it with cheese and breadcrumbs and throw in the oven for
half an hour. You can do all sorts with this by changing the soup
flavour and the type of mince, even using tuna or salmon. It might work
using rice instead of pasta, too.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old July 1st 04, 02:39 AM
Tinkster

I have two:

1/2 lb Ground beef
2 cups chopped green peppers
4 cups cooked rice

Brown ground beef and drain. Add green peppers to meat and sautee
until peppers are tender. Add cooked rice. Season to taste, which for
me means butter, salt and pepper :-)

Another favorite around here is called **** on a Cloud, not to be
confused with the same stuff on a shingle :-)

1/2 lb ground beef
Packet of Country Gravy mix
Mashed Potatoes.

Brown meat. Drain. Prepare gravy mix. Add meat. Serve over mashed
potatoes.

This is making me hungry.

T.
Old July 1st 04, 06:51 AM
Christina Peterson

Well, the first week could have been a fluke. But after a second week, I
think you can be pretty sure it's because you deserve it. And people beyond
our group are figuring it out.

Tina

Holy cow... I did not expect TWO WEEKS in a row of this, but it's been
just like last week... orders coming in like crazy! OMG! And requests
for teaching... I am just floored. I *really* want to know what
happened... it's like something reached critical mass! I have never seen
my website so bare, LOL!

Thank you, everyone here who has ordered from me! And everyone who
hasn't, but has given me your awesome encouragement and moral support!

Old July 1st 04, 07:17 AM
Christina Peterson

I've had that soup! It's wonderful.

Tina

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
Soup....beans and dried peas and stuff, with a can of fire-roasted organic
tomatoes, herbs, pepper flakes, some chicken boullion, and tons of

veggies.
Everyone begs for it again and again. We eat it for days with crusty

bread.
Mmmmmmmmm

a tried and true cheapie

~~
Sooz

Old July 1st 04, 06:25 PM
Kalera Stratton

Thank you, Tink! That's really good advice, and some I could certainly
stand to put into use. I'm terrible about just working all the time.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Tinkster wrote:
Quantum Leap Theory :-)

I've always found that's how my business grows, too. Some un-asked-for
advice: It can be very exciting, but make sure you say "no" when you
need to, and don't overestimate your resources or capabilities
(time-wise). Don't overextend yourself. Schedule in time for Moxley
and the rest of the family no matter what.

Other than that... FULL SPEED AHEAD! Weeeeee! You rock, Kalera! It
couldn't happen to a more deserving person, IMO!

Tink

Old July 1st 04, 06:27 PM
Kalera Stratton

WOW! Cool beans, Margie! Your designs are so good, it seems inevitable
that you will be in demand. And maybe... (whispering) the market's
turning around? I'm not holding my breath until after the election, but
.... ?

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Margie wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:51:35 -0700, Kalera Stratton
wrote:

Thank you, everyone here who has ordered from me! And everyone who
hasn't, but has given me your awesome encouragement and moral support!

OMG, Kalera! I just read your three posts and can't believe it. No,
I can, I can. What goes around, comes around and it's your turn to
reap the good. I'm so happy for you darling!

And guess what? I just spent a lovely hour with a new customer who
was quite taken with a bracelet I bought from you eons ago and I just
happen to be wearing for our meet. G She wants me to make her one
using your glass beads, any beads with color. Ha! I have lots and
lots of those, don't I? hehee And she's given me free reign to
design 4 bracelets for her daughter and 3 nieces using fresh water
pearls and clear swarovski® crystals that belonged to her mother.
Weeee! I think some of your good vibes are rubbing off on me. Maybe
I should sleep with your beads. LOL
--
Margie
http://www.picturetrail.com/margiek

Old July 1st 04, 06:28 PM
Kalera Stratton

Thanks Tina. All I can say is OH MY GOD!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Christina Peterson wrote:
Well, the first week could have been a fluke. But after a second week, I
think you can be pretty sure it's because you deserve it. And people beyond
our group are figuring it out.

Tina

OT sorta, AD sorta, burned myself Kandice Seeber Beads 29 June 12th 04 06:30 AM
I'm back, sorta! c driver Beads 3 April 8th 04 10:53 PM
OT, sorta Kalera Stratton Beads 3 September 19th 03 01:49 AM
Apologies - OT sorta laura Beads 0 September 18th 03 01:39 PM