barrette I saw at the mall

Old April 16th 05, 08:11 PM
Mystified One

Default barrette I saw at the mall

There's a store at the mall near us called Pink World. Mostly it's full of
frilly stuff that I wouldn't be caught dead in, although they have some
great little handbags (beaded), and necklaces and barrettes. It's more of a
teen store.

Yesterday, I took my daughter in there (joke is she hates pink), and I fell
in love with a French clip barrette. It had lots of pink sparkly crystals
in shapes of dragonflies. But the stunning part of the barrette was the
dangly bits that also held more crystals. I didn't buy it ($28 and only in
pink, which wouldn't go with most of my work outfits), but I've got designs
on making one for myself that's suitable for work.

If anyone's muse is calling, I thought it was a smart idea. Maybe others
will fall prey to the charms of a barrette with dangly bits as well.

Old April 17th 05, 05:17 AM
Polly S.

Mystified One wrote:
There's a store at the mall near us called Pink World. Mostly it's full of
frilly stuff that I wouldn't be caught dead in, although they have some
great little handbags (beaded), and necklaces and barrettes. It's more of a
teen store.

Yesterday, I took my daughter in there (joke is she hates pink), and I fell
in love with a French clip barrette. It had lots of pink sparkly crystals
in shapes of dragonflies. But the stunning part of the barrette was the
dangly bits that also held more crystals. I didn't buy it ($28 and only in
pink, which wouldn't go with most of my work outfits), but I've got designs
on making one for myself that's suitable for work.

If anyone's muse is calling, I thought it was a smart idea. Maybe others
will fall prey to the charms of a barrette with dangly bits as well.

Sounds cute as long as its not pink!!!

I'm not much of a barrette wearer but your post reminded me of some hair
things I found a few weeks ago at Hobby Lobby. They are these neat
little square hair clips (bend to open/close) for hiding in/under your
hair. They have small holes on 3 sides to attach hanging beads. There
was only one small package, lost and alone at the very bottom of the
display, and I have no idea what they are called to find more. At the
time I was thrilled and had such inspiration to make one up with several
long beaded strands but... they got shuffled deeper into a box I guess.
I'll have to go find them and make something nice!!!

And btw, how are you doing lately? Hope everything is getting better and
better for you and yours!

--
Polly

--
don't spook my groove...
icq 13968113
Old April 17th 05, 08:13 AM
Mystified One

The dangly parts to the barrette I saw only had one bead on a wire chain.
Just 4 or 5 dangles to the whole barrette. I imagine if it was too
encumbered it'd weigh the whole thing down tremendously.

Family is OK, I'm concerned about the ******* that hurt my stepson getting
away with it due to his anger issues. I guess I'd be angry too if I'd been
through the abuse he's seen. Just sorry to see it take such a Jerry
Springer move.

We may have proof on tape. Just not sure yet how it'll play out in court
when we go back.

Old April 17th 05, 05:20 PM
Polly S.

Mystified One wrote:
The dangly parts to the barrette I saw only had one bead on a wire chain.
Just 4 or 5 dangles to the whole barrette. I imagine if it was too
encumbered it'd weigh the whole thing down tremendously.

Ooops! I'll have to remember that! I'll have to use some of those
annoying tiny little beads you guys love so much! g

Family is OK, I'm concerned about the ******* that hurt my stepson getting
away with it due to his anger issues. I guess I'd be angry too if I'd been
through the abuse he's seen. Just sorry to see it take such a Jerry
Springer move.

Being abused may be a reason but, for an adult, it is *never* an excuse.

--
Polly

--
don't spook my groove...
icq 13968113

Mall Crawl Help! Donna Maine Quilting 4 June 18th 12 08:48 AM
Add your business site to our mall Theultimatemall Marketplace 0 July 11th 04 12:29 PM
Williamsburg Outlet Mall, Lightfoot, VA Sports Card and Collectible Show June 11 through 13, 2004 Sports Cards, Non-sports Cards, Beanies, and Crafters too. Mars53 General Crafting 0 May 17th 04 02:15 AM
Williamsburg Outlet Mall, Lightfoot, VA Sports Card and Collectible Show Mars53 General Crafting 0 February 5th 04 04:47 AM
New Post: Info For Va Quilters Plan Trip to Potomac Mills Mall [email protected] Quilting 2 October 29th 03 09:41 PM