OT, to gain a little insight into your creative mind

Old March 12th 05, 04:30 AM
Polly S.

Kalera Stratton wrote:
I adore turtles too! Especially my box turtle, Wayne.

What kind of turtle stuff do you like? I probably have some I can send
you... when I get those boxes unpacked from last time we moved.
(Knick-knacks are always the last thing to unpack for some reason.)

Don't remind me! I opened boxes last night (and promptly closed them)
with newspaper dated '85... many many moves ago. Somewhere in there is a
forgotten collections of silver goblets and mugs. I guess I'll find them
eventually.

And I recently 'recovered', from someones garage, a box packed before my
kids were born! A small box, but it included two African (hippy) purses
with leather cutwork... in surprisingly good condition. But alas, no
beads! =)

And btw, how old and how big is Wayne? I'd like to get a turtle that
will actually grow to a good size however long that takes. I've managed
to avoid the turtle shopping for another day but he's going to get me to
Planet Pets very soon!

--
Polly
---
Old March 12th 05, 11:23 PM
Turtlelover

Turtlelover wrote:

use this instead

I'm glad that nobody answered this with, "What is she talking about?"
Perhaps it was recognized as a Post-It-Note! That'll teach me to move
"messages in progress" to the drafts folder! I haven't sent an
unfinished message (especially one that obviously makes no sense) in
quite a long time.

Back to your regularly scheduled beadyness,

Turtlelover

Old March 14th 05, 01:41 PM

I also collect black and white photos...but early Polaroids
I collect Wizard of Oz items, my favorite being an autographed copy,
but mostly Wicked Witch of the West "thangs"
Things that say Princess, crowns and tiaras

On 7 Mar 2005 22:25:32 -0800, "Dr. Sooz"
wrote:

I know that the things I collect influence my beadwork. For instance,
the black and white vintage photos I gather compulsively make their way
into my jewelry, and other things do too. So----
*What Do YOU Collect?*

Please, keep it not-too-long....I realize for some of us, who collect
EVERYTHING under the sun, the list is quite huge. But it might help us
all learn about each other better if we keep it to our Top Thousand
Collecting Jones.

Ready? GO!!! (And I mean everybody! It helps the doldrums to think
about this stuff, right?)

Old March 14th 05, 02:00 PM

My sister saw it this weekend and LOVED it. She got a TIX so sat in
the balcony, but is shelling out the big bucks for a full priced tick
this week...she said that the scenery and costumes and faces really
require seeing it from the ground.

Lisa

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:58:05 -0700, "Sarajane Helm"
wrote:

you DO know that Eric Idle has "Spamalot" going onto Broadway---a musical
version of "Holy Grail" with Hank Azaria, Tim Curry and David Hyde Pierce?

Sarajane

"Arondelle" wrote in message
Jennifer Landry wrote:

katieW. wrote:

SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!

Old March 15th 05, 05:57 PM
Barbara Otterson --Dream Master

Barbara -- Dream Master
www.dreamweaverstudio.com

"Annie Bauer"
Annie
who has lots of calculators and mainly only uses the purple one.

Which shows you have excellent taste! Purple is the best color.
You should see the purple watch I just got.....

Old March 16th 05, 04:30 PM
Kalera Stratton

Wow, those are some old boxes! Hehehe... after you have kids, some boxes
seem better to stay in storage.

Wayne's carapace is about 6" long... she's not a huge turtle. You would
probably want one of the tortoises for size, and some do make wonderful
pets... I can't for the life of me remember what varieties are the more
readily-available and hardy, right now, but I have had friends who had
wonderful good-natured tortoises. They are very intelligent, despite
popular belief to the contrary, and also surprisingly social.

Captive-bred is the way to go, if you can find them. Handfed babies have
never had a fear of humans, and wild populations were not depleted to
obtain them.

http://www.beadwife.com
Old March 16th 05, 04:50 PM
Kalera Stratton

LOL! I saw it, said "HEH?" and then assumed it was an accidental sending
of a partly-started message!