gersley borate

Old September 19th 09, 04:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Moose Hunter

Default gersley borate

anybody know of a bulk supplier for borate?

ive finished up my 50lb sack and my supplier cant get anymore///

tia,

Moose,
Moose Studios pottery
Old September 19th 09, 01:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Bob Masta[_2_]

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 20:25:15 -0700, Moose Hunter
wrote:

anybody know of a bulk supplier for borate?

ive finished up my 50lb sack and my supplier cant get anymore///

Have you tried other borates? I've been happy
with Gillespie Borate as a direct substitute for
Gerstley. There are a few others out there (whose
names don't come to mind just now) that might also
work, possibly with some recipe modifications. If
you can get a decent analysis of whatever brand
you end up with, you can probably use any glaze
program to make the tweaks.

Best regards,

Bob Masta

DAQARTA v4.51
Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
www.daqarta.com
Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Sound Level Meter
FREE Signal Generator
Science with your sound card!
Old September 23rd 09, 09:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
bob

Moose Hunter wrote:

anybody know of a bulk supplier for borate?

ive finished up my 50lb sack and my supplier cant get anymore///

tia,

Moose,
Moose Studios pottery

I heard Laguna Clay is trying to re-open the mine. You might try their
web site.

Bob

Gerstley Borate Hugh Prosser Pottery 2 August 25th 04 08:55 PM
Cone 6 Glazes WITHOUT Gertsley Borate? dkat Pottery 23 July 20th 04 03:50 AM
Gerstley Borate - has anyone come up with a GOOD replacement D Kat Pottery 4 November 14th 03 02:38 PM