New Question: E-bay / Marketing / Sales

Old August 28th 03, 10:15 PM
Christina Peterson

Well, my first response to having to get my ID out is annoyance, so I always
make it a point to thank the cashier for protecting me.

Tina

"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
As someone who has been in retail for 15 years, I wholeheartedly agree

with
this post. I can't tell you how many times I have actually been told off
because I asked for ID. Make it easier on the clerk - they are human too.

know there are some idiots out there working retail, but most are like you
and me - trying their best.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

What she wants proven is thatit's not an unauthorized person using her
credit cars, or cheques.

Tina

So hand them your ID. Seriously. I've worked in retail 14 years and
although I'm a stone ball bitch with a honey-sweet smile, many of my
coworkers have gotten so weary of the games people play with their ID
(some people really do make it an ordeal) that a lot of them are AFRAID
to ask.

Set a good precedent and get it out in advance, instead of being like
everyone else who either acts like they're "testing" the clerk by making
them ask, or acts put-upon when we do.

I *always* ask. Nicely. And more than half the people I ask behave as if
I've insulted them. The few people who get their ID out and have it
ready, I thank profusely.

I wouldn't rely too heavily on your ID cards, because if someone has
your credit card, they probably have your ID too. It's not a far stretch
from there to get one of their skanky little friends to pose as you, if
they can rustle one up that roughly fits your picture. How many times
have you known someone who didn't look much like their driver's license
picture? I see people ten, twenty times a day who don't closely resemble
their photo ID. Do you know what I check to determine whether it's them?

*The signature on their ID card.* If it matches the receipt they just
signed, I relax. Signatures are HARD to forge IN PERSON, and are STILL
the best way to protect your cards from fraud.

--
-Kalera
Mom of Juliet, 5, Sam, 3, and Ophelia, born 5/31/03
See us at www.strattonhome.org

Old August 28th 03, 10:37 PM
Charlie

Man, we had 3.1 untill about 4 years ago. I love that thing. It NEVER
crashed. 95 crashed all the time. I've just got a new PC with XP and it
hasn't crashed once in 5 months. Amazing.

Charlie.

"Karen_AZ" wrote in message
If I had my choice, I'd compromise....I'd go back to Win 3.1. I know it

was
slow and klunky in some ways (but so were the PC's then) but it was SO

much
easier to configure and confabulate. No registry with its evil HKEY codes,
just the win.ini and system.ini files, and I could just about make THEM
breakdance. siiiiiiigh

--
KarenK
Desert Dreamer Designs

Old August 31st 03, 12:31 AM
Kalera Stratton

In article 1062014331.328147@prawn,
"Christina Peterson" wrote:

And that's exactly what her complaint was.

Tina

Yes, and my point was that if you put *see id* on your card, you should
present your ID *with* the card, so that clerks will become suspicious
of anyone who *doesn't*.

--
-Kalera

---------

Regime change in 2004!
Old September 4th 03, 03:35 AM
Kalera Stratton

In article ,
Jewitch wrote:

This is simply not true. I haven't stolen any of the credit cards in
my wallet, nor the checks in my purse. Yet, whenever I use any of
them, I always have my ID out. Even in restaurants, when all you have
to do is lay your card on top of your ticket while you finish your
coffee. I lay out my ID, too. I do it because I've worked in retail,
restaurants and bars and I know how much attitude customers can give
the service staff, and I feel like if I (1) make it easy on them,
maybe they'll feel more confident asking the next person and (2) have
mine ready, it will set an example for some other customer watching.

I was generalizing, to be accurate I should have stated that *very few*
people actually have their ID out, but if more people made a point of
doing so, clerks would be more suspicious of those who don't.

--
-Kalera

---------

see my auctions at http://www.snurl.com/1sfe

Posting Question angela Beads 25 August 7th 03 12:57 PM
Question for Kandice BedazzlingJewels Beads 5 August 1st 03 07:05 AM
Monsterslayer / Beadalon question mªdcªt Beads 6 July 28th 03 09:10 PM
Another event sales report/conventions Kaytee Beads 0 July 24th 03 12:23 AM
Another question.... Question about Beading Thread Ken Knecht Beads 3 July 16th 03 06:24 AM