Placement of sewing machine

Old January 8th 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Body Obstacles

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 05:00:38 GMT, "lisa skeen"
wrote:

Ok, here is my number one pet peeve in the "knicker improvement" department
(and I use the word "improvement" as loosely as possible). For some reason,
underwear manufacturers have not figured out that we ahem full figured
folk have padding EVERYWHERE - not just in the hips, thighs, tummy, etc.
Hello people, when women gain weight, the crotch area needs more (not less)
coverage!!!!!

I so understand that! Guess why!

Lisa, USA, who thinks the person who invented the butt floss thong panties
and the subsequent THONG PAD to go therein is a maniac who should be shot.

Thongs are funny. I can't imagine why anyone would pay money for
panties that give them a constant wedgie.

Thong pads are even funnier. It's amazing that people buy them. They
aren't big enough to catch two big raindrops, much less anything else,
so what are they for? My thought is that they make the thong wedgie
just that little bit more wedged. :-D

Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old January 8th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

nah!!! - not sunk - just sagging a bit..............lol
Sylvi

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to send" wrote in
message ...
Sharon Harper wrote:
But doesn't it really really irk you when you find "the" bra or "the
knickers" that are perfect and you buy a half dozen pairs. Then when
they
are about due for replacement or you want more you can never find them!!
They've "improved" them or stopped making them! Man that burns my butt!

That's basically why I started working on making my own. If this
manufacturer goes out of business, I'm sunk.

Old January 8th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

lisa skeen wrote:
Aha! Those shorts are what we used to call Jams.

Exactamundo.
Old January 8th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

Sylvia L. Dalefield wrote:
nah!!! - not sunk - just sagging a bit..............lol

A bit? I think that qualifies for understatement of the year.
Old January 9th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

I have my appointment next week for a consultation for reduction. Most
likely I will pay for it all myself. Any other time I have gone through
insurance etc they won't cover it unless I first go on a medically
supervised diet that is a liquid fast, which I absolutely cannot do and
survive. The unofficial quote I have right now from him is $6000,
another was $8000 from a respected surgeon. At this time I am 44DD+.

Too bad the insurance review boards are not made up of women who
understand this type of thing.

Ginger in CA

Old January 9th 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

Don't forget those of us in the IBTC!! (Itty-Bitty-Titty-Committee).

Finding 40A bras is just about impossible. Buying super-expensive ones
from a specialty shop doesn't make sense when there isn't much to
support :P

Costco now carries camisoles (2 for $10) in a variety of colors. I
haven't worn anything else in at least 2 years.

Kim

Old January 9th 06, 07:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

lisa skeen wrote:
Good luck Ginger!!! hope you do well with your surgery.

Me too! NOT something I've ever contemplated, except briefly last
Christmas when I found a lump, but if that's the only way to make you
comfortable, best of luck with it.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old January 9th 06, 11:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

Have you checked out bras from www.decentexposures.com?
Old January 9th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

Default Placement of sewing machine - ON TOPIC

Jane MacDonald wrote:
Glacier My husband is making me a sewing table, just a piece of
countertop with a hole cut out, in which to set the sewing machine.
The problem I have with my present cabinet is that I can't sit
directly in front of the needle, but have to "lean to the left" to
sew. I also find that the needle is too far away, 10.5 inches from
the edge of the table. With this new table I will be able to sit
directly in front of the machine, but I don't know how far from the
edge it should be. Tables such as the ones made by Horn appear to
have the machine closer to the edge. Can anyone tell me what works best
for you? I was
thinking 4-6 inches from the edge of the table to the needle.
Opinions?

TIA,
Jane

http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/sewing/
here is what osha has to say about how to set up a sewing station properly

FAQ for RCTQ Dec 2005 frood Quilting 6 December 8th 05 01:30 AM
RCTQ FAQ Nov 2005 frood Quilting 3 November 6th 05 09:22 PM
FAQs for Newbies and Longtimers Diana Curtis Quilting 21 December 8th 03 12:52 PM
RCTN Reminder: NY gathering at Stitchery Row Nov. 1 georg Needlework 23 November 4th 03 10:32 AM
Old Sewing Machine Advice Diana Curtis Beads 9 August 22nd 03 06:01 AM