Placement of sewing machine

Old January 8th 06, 01:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Body Obstacles

the worst part is I *read* that as shrink in the first place!

mumble mumble.. need mumble more mumble coffee.....

--
Jessamy... maybe I should go *back* to bad - the day has been long enough!
In The Netherlands

So I never will get into the bra's I grew out of, and was saving for
when I strink again?

Old January 8th 06, 01:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

*they* say it does

who are *they* anyway?? if *they* are anywhere near as accurate as my Gyn
they will need to get a new job...

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands
Take out: so much quilting to reply.
Time to accept, time to grow, time to take things slow
www.geocities.com/jess_ayad
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jes...pson/my_photos
Geez that is so not fair. In my younger day when I wanted boobs they didn't
want me but when I don't want them I get them. I guess that's what I get for
going through menopause twice. Well at least I didn't have that week long
visit to the Red River every month for the last 21 years. What's sad though
is that I'm still not completely "cured" yet. Does menopause EVER end?!!!!

Mika
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikasdrms

Old January 8th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

"~KK in BC~" wrote in

Did you all know that when you are in menopause your
breasts grow almost a whole cup size? I was shocked when I
found this out and it does explain why women must change
sizes as they "cure" LOL

all women? because i did the childbirth, nursing, menopause
thing (IOW i had the baby, nursed him for 4 years & haven't
had a period since i gave birth) & my breasts shrunk back to
normal once i stopped nursing. i'm pretty sure i'm all done
with menopause at this point.
lee
Old January 8th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

Sharon Harper wrote:
But doesn't it really really irk you when you find "the" bra or "the
knickers" that are perfect and you buy a half dozen pairs. Then when they
are about due for replacement or you want more you can never find them!!
They've "improved" them or stopped making them! Man that burns my butt!

That's basically why I started working on making my own. If this
manufacturer goes out of business, I'm sunk.
Old January 8th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

Pogonip wrote:

I notice the same behavior in the grocery store. I find something, try
it, it goes over well at home, I go to buy more, and they don't have it
anymore.

That is exactly why I try to resist trying anything new like that. If
it's unusual, I generally like it, and then it disappears, never to be
seen again.
Old January 8th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

Sharon Harper wrote:
Bronny! Where are you - you are showing up as "HC"??? My ma would fall
over dead if I actually started making "clothes". Yes I know sewing
machines can sew anything but .... well ... *I* can't!! LOL. Nope. Well
maybe one day. Might have to get that book though - where'd you find it?

You can learn. I took 3 years of home ec and hardly learned a thing.
Then when I started taking one pattern and making the same garment 3-4
times (to learn from my mistakes), I started learning.
Old January 8th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

lisa skeen wrote:
Ok now, how about a translation? Cossie? Boardie?

Cozzie - slang for costume, a.k.a swimming costume, Britspeak for swimsuit.

Boardie -- not sure, but maybe they are referring to board shorts

Down here we only have the "bimbo" style or the "grandma" and let's face
it
I'm certainly not bimbo - but I ain't at Granny level yet - no matter how
old I feel!! LOL. I'm currently living in a one-piece cossie I found
about
.... jeezum 6 years ago which is about to die and good ol' fashioned
boardies.

Old January 8th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 17:41:13 GMT, "frood"

What about those of us who look like ski jumps from the side????

hmmmmmmmm.... perky???? ;-)

Denise in Onario Canada

Old January 8th 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 11:39:01 +1100, "Sharon Harper"
wrote:

But doesn't it really really irk you when you find "the" bra or "the
knickers" that are perfect and you buy a half dozen pairs. Then when they
are about due for replacement or you want more you can never find them!!
They've "improved" them or stopped making them! Man that burns my butt!

"New and Improved" is never a good thing to find, and "Discontinued"
is equally bad. No mater what they're applied to, those terms always
frost my cookies!
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

FAQ for RCTQ Dec 2005 frood Quilting 6 December 8th 05 01:30 AM
RCTQ FAQ Nov 2005 frood Quilting 3 November 6th 05 09:22 PM
FAQs for Newbies and Longtimers Diana Curtis Quilting 21 December 8th 03 12:52 PM
RCTN Reminder: NY gathering at Stitchery Row Nov. 1 georg Needlework 23 November 4th 03 10:32 AM
Old Sewing Machine Advice Diana Curtis Beads 9 August 22nd 03 06:01 AM