Placement of sewing machine

Old January 8th 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

Default Body Obstacles

Bronny! Where are you - you are showing up as "HC"??? My ma would fall
over dead if I actually started making "clothes". Yes I know sewing
machines can sew anything but .... well ... *I* can't!! LOL. Nope. Well
maybe one day. Might have to get that book though - where'd you find it?

quicker)

"HC" wrote in message

G'day Sharon

Why not take a pattern from the comfy, wellfitting bra and knickers and
make your own? I've adapted a knicker pattern to suit as I am long in
the back waist to crotch and short in the front waist to crotch (forward
tilting pelvis). I also like the lower back leg opening a little lower
than the pattern so they don't ride up with wear.......not a good look
when someone goes fishing for their knickers!! ROFLMHO Since I've got
the pattern 'just right' I usually make 6-8 pair of knickers at the one
time, production line style.

Bra making.....one of our Aussie girls, LeeAnne Burgess has written a
fabulous book on bra making based on a pattern from your favourite bra.
Making bras it not hard, it is a little time consuming BUT the results
are well worth the effort. Also lots of $$$'s saved. LeeAnne has a
great video too which shows bras in THE most fantastic colours...all
home dyed fabrics!

Bronwyn ;-)
also in the Land Downunder!

Sharon Harper wrote:
But doesn't it really really irk you when you find "the" bra or "the
knickers" that are perfect and you buy a half dozen pairs. Then when

they
are about due for replacement or you want more you can never find

them!!
They've "improved" them or stopped making them! Man that burns my butt!

Old January 8th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

And what on earth is with the 1mm wide elastic at the top and around the leg
holes? We well padded people need elastic which is just a wee bit more
durable. Was actually talking to an older lady in the supermarket who
purchased more elastic to fix her knickers with. 'Mazing what you talk
about standing in line....

quicker)

"lisa skeen" wrote in message
ink.net...
Ok, here is my number one pet peeve in the "knicker improvement"

department
(and I use the word "improvement" as loosely as possible). For some

reason,
underwear manufacturers have not figured out that we ahem full figured
folk have padding EVERYWHERE - not just in the hips, thighs, tummy, etc.
Hello people, when women gain weight, the crotch area needs more (not

less)
coverage!!!!!

Lisa, USA, who thinks the person who invented the butt floss thong panties
and the subsequent THONG PAD to go therein is a maniac who should be shot.

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
But doesn't it really really irk you when you find "the" bra or "the
knickers" that are perfect and you buy a half dozen pairs. Then when

they
are about due for replacement or you want more you can never find

them!!
They've "improved" them or stopped making them! Man that burns my butt!

quicker)

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to send" wrote
in
message ...
Kate Dicey wrote:

Ahem.... they actually go up to M or N if you look in the right
places.

Yes, but you have to look quite hard, don't you. J's are fairly
readily
available by comparison. As a mere F, I'm lucky that several local
local stores carry them.

*chuckle* Well, once you finally find the *ONE* manufacturer who makes
them, then you don't have to look for them any more, just a distributor
who hasn't gone out of business -- a store, not someone working out of
their home. ROTFL.

Melinda, who prefers to make her own but hasn't had time recently.

Old January 8th 06, 06:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

Ok now, how about a translation? Cossie? Boardie?

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Down here we only have the "bimbo" style or the "grandma" and let's face
it
I'm certainly not bimbo - but I ain't at Granny level yet - no matter how
old I feel!! LOL. I'm currently living in a one-piece cossie I found
about
.... jeezum 6 years ago which is about to die and good ol' fashioned
boardies.

quicker)

Kate Dicey wrote:

Ahem.... they actually go up to M or N if you look in the right
places.

Yes, but you have to look quite hard, don't you. J's are fairly
readily available by comparison. As a mere F, I'm lucky that several
local local stores carry them.

*chuckle* Well, once you finally find the *ONE* manufacturer who makes
them, then you don't have to look for them any more, just a distributor
who hasn't gone out of business -- a store, not someone working out of
their home. ROTFL.

Melinda, who prefers to make her own but hasn't had time recently.

Bras are a bugger, but swimsuits are THE PITS!

There you are, ready and willing to spend £40-£60 on a cozzy, coz you
swim 3-4 times a week, and you really want a nice comfy 34F cozzy, that
will give you a bit of lift and comfort on the way in and out of the
pool, will cover you well and allow you to swim without stopping to tug
it back into place, and what do you find? The manufacturers seem to
believe that anyone who is a 32F is a 19YO bimbo with no arse and
plastic balloons up her front! So all you can find are posing-in
bikinis with 3 triangles attached by string, or swimsuits that have the
legs cut so high you want a Brazilian wax job just to stay decent! Well
sorry - my bum is 49 and reasonably well lived in. I want it COVERED!
AND I want to be able to get in and out of the cozzy without giving
myself a hernia trying to get said bum through a 6" hole in the top of a
'racer back' style that would fit if I could only get the flaming thing

ON!

And what about those sets with matching knickers and bras? Most of the
really nice bras that fit ONLY have bum-floss knickers to match! GRR!
ARGH! At least I got a decent sized pair to go with my nice brown
Fantasy bra... And the flesh-toned one I bought from M&S had matching
BUM COVERING knickers in two styles: decent and All The Way Up To Yer
Waist. But they only did the ATWUTYW style in bigger sizes, and I
needed a UK 12-14! So I ended up with decent hipsters. Well, it was in
the sale, so I can forgive them.

One day I really will get into making them all myself, but not until I
stop shrinking. I still have a stone to lose (14 lbs), and with all the
interruptions from customers and Life in general, I'd get it finished
just in time for it to drop off me!

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Old January 8th 06, 06:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

Cossie = swimming costume
Boardies = Boardshorts (the baggy most often floral shorts surfer dudes
"used" to wear. Now seen everywhere)

quicker)

ink.net...

Old January 8th 06, 07:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

Geez that is so not fair. In my younger day when I wanted boobs they didn't
want me but when I don't want them I get them. I guess that's what I get for
going through menopause twice. Well at least I didn't have that week long
visit to the Red River every month for the last 21 years. What's sad though
is that I'm still not completely "cured" yet. Does menopause EVER end?!!!!

Mika
http://community.webshots.com/user/mikasdrms

"~KK in BC~" wrote in message
Did you all know that when you are in menopause your breasts grow almost a
whole cup size? I was shocked when I found this out and it does explain
why women must change sizes as they "cure" LOL

~KK in BC~

"Jessamy" wrote in message
well I got "lucky"as the insurance here did pay for mine but then I had a
size GG and a bad back. bra choice was limited to white one make one type
take it or lump it.

but the down side of reductions is that if your hormones ( estrogens is
responsible for the size of boobs - if your daughter has heavy periods it
would, IMO, be a good idea to investigate the estrogens levels - it could
save a lot of period problems in the long run) have a bit of fun your
boobs
grow right back - I'm an E cup now and I am desperately hoping that my
hormones are not going to make them grow more

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

It is only half covered by medical. Half of it would be medical
reasoning,
they consider the other half to be elective and therefore not covered. I
do
not have the extra $8,000 or so to get the job done because the infamous
"they" consider it to be a cosmetic thing.

~KK in BC~ who has done the appointments and research and found out it is
cheaper to get em stuck on that to cut em off......... friend of mine got
some put on for about $4000.

Old January 8th 06, 12:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

Sharon Harper wrote:
But doesn't it really really irk you when you find "the" bra or "the
knickers" that are perfect and you buy a half dozen pairs. Then when they
are about due for replacement or you want more you can never find them!!
They've "improved" them or stopped making them! Man that burns my butt!

Oh yesssss!!! I have been known to stand and hold forth on that very
subject in the middle of John Lewis's lingerie department, at playground
clearing volume in my best officer's daughter manner! Usually the store
help agree totally with everything I'm saying.

Old January 8th 06, 12:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

Sharon Harper wrote:

And what on earth is with the 1mm wide elastic at the top and around the leg
holes? We well padded people need elastic which is just a wee bit more
durable. Was actually talking to an older lady in the supermarket who
purchased more elastic to fix her knickers with. 'Mazing what you talk
about standing in line....

You get some of the best and most informative conversations like that!

Old January 8th 06, 01:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing

nope.. it's an international conspiracy!

I have found the perfect for me Bra... odds are when I next have cash they
won't have that style anymore pout

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands
Take out: so much quilting to reply.
Time to accept, time to grow, time to take things slow
www.geocities.com/jess_ayad
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jes...pson/my_photos
Ha!!!!!
I thought they only did that here in Kiwiland...........nice to know the
Ozzies have the same problem
Sylvi

FAQ for RCTQ Dec 2005 frood Quilting 6 December 8th 05 01:30 AM
RCTQ FAQ Nov 2005 frood Quilting 3 November 6th 05 09:22 PM
FAQs for Newbies and Longtimers Diana Curtis Quilting 21 December 8th 03 12:52 PM
RCTN Reminder: NY gathering at Stitchery Row Nov. 1 georg Needlework 23 November 4th 03 10:32 AM
Old Sewing Machine Advice Diana Curtis Beads 9 August 22nd 03 06:01 AM