Malvern UK quilt show

Old January 7th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Malvern UK quilt show

Does anyone know the dates for this years Malvern show?? I am planning
another UK trip and want to use those dates as time to plan around. It's
been 2 years since I travelled and I'm really getting itchy feet

Mim in Maine

Old January 7th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

It's Thursday 18th May - Sunday 21st May, Mim.
I do hope the plans all come together for you. It would be great to
meet you. How are you going to plan this year's trip? I mean, what are
you going to aim to see/do?
..
In message , "miriam \"mim\"
spencer" writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 7th 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Yes , i googled it.. it said :

18 tot en met 21 mei Malvern (Engeland) Quiltshow

So there you are.. :-D

FiedergoogleEls

"miriam "mim" spencer
schreef in bericht

Old January 7th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Ohh sorry.. lol...
18th , 19th , 20 and 21 of may

FiederforgottotranslateEls

"FiederEls" schreef in bericht

Old January 7th 06, 11:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thanks Patti -- I plan for 2 or 3 weeks. I work as a caregiver and the
little ladies that I care for get upset if they don't see me often. The
agancy would love to clone me. Every time I go somewhere I try to bring
something that is unique to New England to share. I have never had a "bad"
time and it is always exciting to meet and share with other quilters. I get
so many ideas.

I have a nephew in Swansey, Wales and I may drop up to see them for a day.
I am planning to go to either Cornwall or Devon because I haven't been
there. Any suggestions as to weather?? I usually bring clear sunny weather
wherever I go.

Mim

"Patti" wrote in message
It's Thursday 18th May - Sunday 21st May, Mim.
I do hope the plans all come together for you. It would be great to meet
you. How are you going to plan this year's trip? I mean, what are you
going to aim to see/do?
.
In message , "miriam \"mim\"
spencer" writes

Old January 8th 06, 07:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Dissertation on the weather of the South /West sent privately g
..
In message , "miriam \"mim\"
spencer" writes

Old January 8th 06, 11:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Ooohhh talking of Malvern already.....what fun

Flossy
Queen of Plaids

Old January 8th 06, 01:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

don't worry you will remember faster now ;-)

last time I was in the UK I spent the first 3 days thinking: *they are
speaking ENGLISH!!!!* and being totally confused - to the point that I
actually ordered dinner in Dutch - I think I have lived here too long lol

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old January 8th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Just now i saw a documentary about Rembrandt 's Nigh****ch.. it was made for
discovery channel but shown on Ned 1
So the Dutch people in the docu spoke in English and they subtitled it in
Dutch ( as if we need that..pfff.. ;-) ) Then there was a man that spoke
in Dutch and i wondered why there were no English subtitles.... DUHHH.....
lol

FiederconfusedEls

"Jessamy" schreef in bericht

Old January 8th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

darn I missed it!

who would have been looking for subtitles too, even though I don't need
them, but they provide some interesting points of view sometimes with the
*bad* translations made by people who can hardly speak English (if the
translations are anything to go by they use a dictionary and use the first
word in the row whether it applies or not)

--
[...]

"Refurbishing" an OLD quilt -- long story Tia Mary Quilting 0 July 17th 05 07:37 PM
Local Quilt Show teleflora Quilting 6 September 5th 04 05:38 AM
Finally - went to my first quilt show! muse9 Quilting 0 July 20th 04 06:18 PM
Sun Prarie Wi Quilt Show Mauvice Murphy Quilting 4 March 24th 04 07:39 PM
Back from quilt show shhdesigns Quilting 8 July 19th 03 08:22 PM