The Power of Being Established

Old October 26th 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Brock

Default The Power of Being Established

nJb wrote:
wrote:
And while you are working on all those new websites? Maybe you will
run

Maybe. Why don't you post some pics of your fusing so we can judge for
ourselves who has the better technique. Jack

Oh, hey, allow me. Go he
http://www.debrady.com/

Then CATALOGUE
Then KILN GLASS

Old October 26th 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Brock

Brock wrote:
nJb wrote:
wrote:
And while you are working on all those new websites? Maybe you will
run

Maybe. Why don't you post some pics of your fusing so we can judge for
ourselves who has the better technique. Jack

Oh, hey, allow me. Go he
http://www.debrady.com/

Then CATALOGUE
Then KILN GLASS

Wow, you're all speechless!
Must be in awe of the work, huh?

Old October 26th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Brock

In case you are not up on the current state of kiln formed glass:

http://www.bullseye-glass.com/emerge/

Old October 26th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"Brock" wrote in message
ups.com...
Brock wrote:
nJb wrote:
wrote:
And while you are working on all those new websites? Maybe you

will
run

Maybe. Why don't you post some pics of your fusing so we can judge for
ourselves who has the better technique. Jack

Oh, hey, allow me. Go he
http://www.debrady.com/

Then CATALOGUE
Then KILN GLASS

Wow, you're all speechless!
Must be in awe of the work, huh?

Well, it did make me short of breath...no, change that to gagging.

What a pitiful waste of perfectly good glass, eh? Looks like the output of
some backwater vacation bible school craft efforts.

Old October 26th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"Brock" wrote in message
ps.com...
In case you are not up on the current state of kiln formed glass:

http://www.bullseye-glass.com/emerge/

Wonder how many of these award winners are some of Shady's basement bandits?

Old October 26th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
nJb

Brock wrote:
Brock wrote:

nJb wrote:

wrote:

And while you are working on all those new websites? Maybe you will
run

Maybe. Why don't you post some pics of your fusing so we can judge for
ourselves who has the better technique. Jack

Oh, hey, allow me. Go he http://www.debrady.com/

Then CATALOGUE
Then KILN GLASS

Wow, you're all speechless!
Must be in awe of the work, huh?

Reminds me of my early projects. Nothing wrong with that, we all had to
start somewhere. As for his classes, doubt I'll be signing up any time soon.

Jack
Old October 26th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
nJb

Brock wrote:

In case you are not up on the current state of kiln formed glass:

http://www.bullseye-glass.com/emerge/

Some excellent work. I like #2 & #3 functional and the newcomer.
Fantastic photo of Millstone 2, Jaqueline Cooley.

Jack
Old October 27th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"nJb" wrote in message
Brock wrote:

..
Fantastic photo of Millstone 2, Jaqueline Cooley.

Jack

That is a really amazing piece. You suppose if I were to go to Vegas I
could learn how to do this in one of Shady's classes?

seriously....any ideas on just how this was done?

Old October 27th 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
nJb

Moonraker wrote:
"nJb" wrote in message

Brock wrote:

.

Fantastic photo of Millstone 2, Jaqueline Cooley.

Jack

That is a really amazing piece. You suppose if I were to go to Vegas I
could learn how to do this in one of Shady's classes?

seriously....any ideas on just how this was done?

Doesn't look too hard, although that's not the point, she did it and we
didn't. The concept was the key.

Looks to me like she used a torch to form green and clear rods and
attach them to a central disk. Probably in a flat format and then
slumped it into a mold.

I think large format copies of the photo would be a hot seller.

Here are some lampworking schools in your area. Not all lampworkers make
beads.

http://www.steinertindustries.com/In...Schools.htm#GA

This is a good kiln working book.

http://www.warmglass.com/CWGOrdering.htm

Jack

POWER! I HAVE POWER! Teacher Gal Quilting 24 July 26th 06 02:25 PM
eScrew [email protected] Yarn 0 December 20th 04 11:54 AM
eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] Needlework 0 December 20th 04 10:23 AM
eScrew zen story [email protected] Quilting 0 December 20th 04 09:59 AM
funny joke about beads [email protected] Beads 0 December 19th 04 02:05 PM