Weller 100 900 deg soldering tips

Old September 30th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

Default Weller 100 900 deg soldering tips

Brock wrote:
wrote:
Brock wrote:
Ed, you might take Brock's advise and experiment with other boards
where behaviour like that of this tawdry team is prohibited. Brock
spends considerable time being denied access to his favourite board for
his inability to behave civily.

You are lying, again, Dennis. Found those quotes yet . . .

Are you still screwing up your students by telling them to fire
Spectrum and Bullseye at the same schedules?

Seeing as I have HUNDREDS of testimonials from students, and you seem
to have none, who is screwing who . . .

What I said was that the firing schedules for Bullseye and Spectrum are
so close as to make no difference. The schedule you posted was in
direct conflict with info posted on Spectrum's website
I also advise my students to LOOK in the kiln to see if the project is
done properly. The entire concept of heat work seems to have totally
eluded you. But then, no wonder, if, like you, and your "artisans" all
I aspired to do was slump single squares of Spectrum Baroque into
simple molds, I probably would not understand heat work either.

You are a pathetic fraud.

Listen, you lying toad, just post the quotes you cited. Or, admit you
made it up. Again!

Your students must be enormously reassured to hear that with all your
extensive experience you think Spectrum and Bullseye will respond at
the same temperatures. They must be even more reassured to hear you
tell them to not rely on their digital controller but instead keep
checking every firing visually.

Old September 30th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Brock

wrote:
Brock wrote:
wrote:
Brock wrote:
[...]

Here is a very simple challenge for you Dennis.
Post the quote of mine you cited, where I said I have never used
Spectrum.
You have posted on the internet that I have said that. So, prove it!

Again, Dennis, you incredible moron, there are far more things to do in
a kiln than slump single sheets of Spectrum Baroque. Many processes
have to be observed, and stopped at a precise time.

Waiting for your posting of those quotes. Or, better, your silence.
Brock

Old September 30th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

Brock wrote:
wrote:
Brock wrote:
wrote:
Brock wrote:
[...]

I have no more concern about this demand than any others you've made.

Old September 30th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Brock

Bobbin', weavin', bobbin', weavin' . . . you have ZERO credibility
Dennis.
Thanks for proving it . . . Brock

Old September 30th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut

"Brock" wrote in message
oups.com...
wrote:
glassman wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...

Buying from a message board chatroom post? Not exactly the three

tier
system. Dennis has this need to denegrate, insult, threaten, and

turn off
just about everyone he can. Why is the question?

Why try to protect the antique 3 tier system? The internet has

already
buried it.
Adapt or die!

OK Dennis I'm being perfectly civil here. In all seriousness, how is

your
teaching method any different than what I've been teaching for over 20
years? I've taught thousands. Part of my lecture talks about selling

work
to make money, but very very few actually make it. I know because

they have
become friendly competitors of mine. I'm sure like a surgeon, you

keep
records of the success and failure of your students. How many basement
bandits have you taught, and how many of these self styled students of

yours
are making a living at doing glass and how about with your kiln formed
glasswork you rave about? How much do you charge? I'm not being

cynical,
only trying to understand what you're doing, and why it's different

than
what the rest of us do?

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

What percentage? I've no idea, but over the 30 years I've been
teaching Business Administration and Entrepreneurial Management, I've
helped several hundred individuals create successful enterprises.

What do I charge? University class fees vary as set by the university.
My personal fees vary for different lengths of class and whether the
classes are "brick and mortar" or internet online. In many cases, I
supply free "mentoring". There are some 50 artisans that regularly
contact me for advice and assistance.

What's different than what the rest of you do? I teach artisans that
they should make every effort to innovate - to ignore how others do
business and create their own business style. What's got you and your
compadres here ****ed off is my persistent suggestion that artisans
shouldn't be dealing with retail shops. I suggest that anyone that
buys supplies to be made into a product for resale should be buying at
the same place and price as the retailer. Many here, are worried about
competition from low overhead "basement bandits", I teach individuals
to start their business with the lowest possible overhead and to use
that cost advantage to create a market for their work. Starting off
with low prices is always a workable way for any business to get
started. An established business relies on their reputation to
generate business. A newcomer has no reputation so must rely instead
on ability and willingness to "work cheap". That's an advantage I
recommend they use. There's nothing new about that suggestion. Lots
of business instructors make it. You just don't like having to compete
with those that have taken that advice.

Times change. Some have chosen to whine about their inability to
effectively deal with those changes. I'm teaching people how to find
ways to take advantage of those changes. One of the things I'm
teaching retailers and artisans, is that stained glass is diminishing
in popularity while kilnforming is increasing - and that new materials
and equipment will soon make hot glass (blowing and casting) the next
big thing in glass art. I expect glass casting to soon become as
popular as kilnforming - and expect stained glass to continue to
diminish in popularity. You can hang on to the old ways, or accept and
adopt the new ones. Adapt or die!

Okay, then die! Dennis, if you were anywhere near as smart as you
obviously think you are, you would reaalize that alienating the entire
glass community is hardly the paradigm of a successful business plan.
You cannot post on any board on the internet without someone slamming
you immediately. Believe me, it is not jealousy, it is the fact you are
a complete and total asshole.

".......it is the fact you are a complete and total asshole."

I said that about 2 years ago and seemed like nobody believed me! I need
credit for quotes, no plagiarism here...

Old September 30th 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"Javahut" wrote in message
Okay, then die! Dennis, if you were anywhere near as smart as you
obviously think you are, you would reaalize that alienating the entire
glass community is hardly the paradigm of a successful business plan.
You cannot post on any board on the internet without someone slamming
you immediately. Believe me, it is not jealousy, it is the fact you are
a complete and total asshole.

".......it is the fact you are a complete and total asshole."

I said that about 2 years ago and seemed like nobody believed me! I need
credit for quotes, no plagiarism here...

Yep. You said it. I believed it then and believe it now. It's really a
shame that somebody didn't dump a gallon of Clorox in the Brady gene pool
way back when. What a total waste of oxygen that asshole is.

Old October 1st 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
nJb

wrote:

Brock wrote:

wrote:

Brock wrote:

[...]

Stick with something you know about. Maybe stained glass. You're
obviously a novice to hot work. Hot work being anything over your Weller
900F tips.

Jack
Old October 1st 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
nJb

wrote:

Brock wrote:

wrote:

[...]