Another wannabe Basement Bandit....

Old December 30th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

Default Another wannabe Basement Bandit....

On Dec 29, 3:58*pm, wrote:
On Dec 29, 3:41 pm, " *Moonraker" wrote:

wrote in message

On Dec 29, 3:15 pm, " *Moonraker" wrote:
wrote in message news:f6e3bf37-3eaf-4e34-9db4- Why
are

you here? *Perhaps to support the complaints about all those

insurgent basement bandits opening up home studios or new retail
shops?

Get used to it. *Live with it. *There are more of both to come.

Adapt or die.

Well, if they adapt your business model and personality and customer
no-service reputation, *there's absolutely nothing to worry about.
Except
that they might find their way into some of the glass forums and
perpetuate
your brand of bull****.

Bring 'em on. *Especially the glass suppliers. *They've nothing to offer
except lower prices. *Until they die.

The next few years will be interesting watching who survives and who
fades into extinction.
I'm guessing that in 5 years more than half of the working pro
artisans are those now still at the basement bandit stage.

Whatever.

Don't you have somebody to bilk out of a kiln or something?

Hate to hamper your delusion.
Everybody that ordered a kiln got one.
Sales are about 30% up this year over last.

Victorian Art Glass has acquired several new Canadian
distributorships. *Keep an eye out for a January sales promotion.
Should I advertise here?-

Why ask....you've been doing it for quite sometime anyway.
Old December 30th 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker[_2_]

wrote in message

Hate to hamper your delusion.
Everybody that ordered a kiln got one.
Sales are about 30% up this year over last.

Victorian Art Glass has acquired several new Canadian
distributorships. Keep an eye out for a January sales promotion.
Should I advertise here?

30%, eh? That ought to put you up to about 10 a week. Last brag you made
about kiln sales was 400 annually.

How's that deal for the Canadian wholesale distributor for Armstrong Glass
working out?

Old December 30th 07, 06:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
JKGlassman

wrote in message
On Dec 28, 7:33 pm, "JKGlassman" wrote:

There are many I respect and many I have sustantiated my claims to.
You are neither a customer nor a supplier but only an angry little man
whose bitterness I find amusing. Why should I care what you want?

I've been called lots of things, but "little"? Never. Dennis I'm not in
the least angry or bitter, and can't inagine why you perceive my asking you
to back up your statements as anything more than that. I'm selling my
business & building in a few days and retiring from the glass business, so
I'm not crying in the least. Don't lump me in with those that bad mouth and
hate you. As far as you respecting others in the glass business I sugggest
you take stock in who you are talking to here. We have at least a dozen
glass artists & retailers here, including myself, that have been in business
for 25 years or more. We were doing half a million dollars a year making
lamps in the 70's, and continue to thrive. Others here do very well despite
all the bitching about imports. Making a living doing glass through all the
various issues in our industry for that long is quite an accomplishment,
don't you agree? These people deserve your respect, and if you were smart
you'd be asking as many questions as you give answers to. Extraordinary
claims require extraordinary proof... "Carl Sagan".

--
JK Sinrod
http://www.sinrodstudios.com

Old December 30th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
nJb[_2_]

wrote:
On Dec 29, 3:01 pm, " wrote:
On Dec 29, 2:57 pm, wrote:

On Dec 29, 2:19 pm, " wrote:
On Dec 29, 2:05 pm, wrote:
On Dec 29, 2:00 pm, " wrote:
On Dec 29, 1:54 pm, wrote:
On Dec 28, 9:07 pm, " Moonraker" wrote:
wrote in message
There are many I respect and many I have sustantiated my claims to.
Damn funny none of them have ever shown up on this or any other glass forum
to give one iota of credibility to you.
You are neither a customer nor a supplier but only an angry little man
whose bitterness I find amusing. Why should I care what you want?
If you didn't have some perverted need to gain acceptance, you wouldn't
keep showing up here and being exposed for being a liar and a fool.
Isn't it getting close to time for you to slink off (again) and lick your
wounds for a couple more months?
These little exchanges can be fun - but I must admit it's become too
easy and predictable to be a challenge.
Your gutter version of humour might be big in Gator****, but it's just
silly elsewhere.
Why are you even here? Does it make you feel like one of the boys to
foul mouth another? If you're so busy with all your little basement
bandits how do you find the time to hang out here andbanter back and
forth. You are developing a reputation...and it's not the type one
would be proud of.
Why are you here? Perhaps to support the complaints about all those
insurgent basement bandits opening up home studios or new retail
shops?
Get used to it. Live with it. There are more of both to come.
Adapt or die.- Hide quoted text -
Retail shops...funny, can you even name one that you've helped open?
I have several up and running I refer aspiring retailers to. I'm
working now with 2 artisans just getting ready to break out of
basement bandit status and open for retail sales. Another coming on
soon for internet selling plus a hobby shop diversifying into selling
art glass supplies. Victorian Art Glass is now offering appealing
wholesale discounts and drop ship service for retailers and
instructors. Do you know someone interested in getting into retail
sales? Tell them to call me. Phone number is on any of our
websites. Although it is pretty competitive, there are still numerous
way to make it profitable - especially if you're willing to break
away from the old traditional business model and adopt a more flexible
and adaptive business style.- Hide quoted text -

Why would they buy wholesale from you when you're really selling
retail discount...especially a retail shop that sells supplies? Lots
of distributors will drop ship...that's no secret. (yawn)

Maybe because, with their wholesale discount from the website prices,
they like dealing with Victorian Art Glass? Maybe it's just my
winning personality?

Maybe they're too stupid or too small to use a real wholesaler?
Old December 30th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Dec 30, 1:22*pm, nJb wrote:
wrote:
On Dec 29, 3:01 pm, " wrote:
On Dec 29, 2:57 pm, wrote:

On Dec 29, 2:19 pm, " wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Maybe they're too stupid or too small to use a real wholesaler?- Hide quoted text -

I think they might believe that they are really buying wholesale.
Nowadays, if you can remotely prove you're in the biz, just about any
wholesaler will sell to you. They're hurtin' for business like many
other businesses. But, if you don't know about them they you just
might believe that a certain somebody is really a wholesaler. (shrug)