What we're stitching now...

Old January 14th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default A little late, but a New Year's Resolution

lucretia borgia wrote:
\
Why not consider designing your own ?

Because I have no talent whatsoever I've tried learning some other
embroidery techniques, and I enjoyed it, but really I just enjoy cross
stitch. I understand cross stitch, I can make the little X's and just
sort of zone out and relax.

Old January 14th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Chris -

This is a lovely idea. I plan to join you in it!

(Of course, I also plan to increase fitness/lose weight/meditate/be a
better listener/read more....at least your idea is easily
accomplishable!) VBG

Sue

Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
http://www.dirtylinen.com
Old January 14th 06, 09:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

This is a lovely idea. You have peaked my interest...I love stitching
on black so I'm now interested in this desigher Kathy Barrick-Dieter.
I'll have to go look her up.

Thanks,
Victoria

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 06:51:13 -0500, Chris Howard
wrote:

I had some trouble sleeping last night, and my mind churned a bit on my
favorite hobby (cross stitch). The ladies at my LNS say that they are
definitely seeing a decline in interest and that each year there are
fewer new designers and fewer new designs. I'm hopeful that this is
just part of the natural waxing and waning in any business, but a part
of me is fearful that it's not.

I decided that one of my New Year's Resolutions would be to contact all
the designers whose patterns I have come to love and to let them know
that I appreciate them. I can't imagine the amount of
time/effort/energy that goes into their heartfelt creations. I doubt
seriously that they are getting rich off of them (well, with MLI being
the exception). So, I sat down early this morning and wrote Kathy
Barrick-Dieter a letter to thank her especially for all the designs she
creates for dark linen. I know lots of folks have trouble seeing dark
linen and that has to cut into her sales, but she keeps designing these
beautiful contrasting patterns that just make my heart ache when I see
them.

I'm going to write letters to all the designers I love (gradually so I
don't get known as that "crazy fan lady" in the cross stitch community)
this year and let them know how much they are appreciated. Maybe some
of you folks could do the same with your favorite designers? If you
prefer to do your own designs, maybe you could write a thank you note to
your favorite linen/floss maker? Everyone loves to know that there work
is appreciated, especially in a waning business.

Definitely check her out. She's at www.carriagehousesamplings.com

I have "The Houses of Haunted Hollow" in my stash and will definitely
get to them *next*.

(pending a few more UFO finishes)...

LOVED it the moment I laid eyes on it.

Old January 15th 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 20:34:17 -0500, Susan Hartman

Oh, Victoria,

Definitely check her out. She's at www.carriagehousesamplings.com

I have "The Houses of Haunted Hollow" in my stash and will definitely
get to them *next*.

(pending a few more UFO finishes)...

LOVED it the moment I laid eyes on it.

Sue

Wow! Beautiful stuff there! Where do I begin? Normally I don't like
this style, but I adore some of her stockings and her birds and
samplers, wow. One word, Bookmarked!

Victoria
Old January 15th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Jangchub wrote:
This is a lovely idea. You have peaked my interest...I love stitching
on black so I'm now interested in this desigher Kathy Barrick-Dieter.
I'll have to go look her up.

Thanks,
Victoria

She is the designer for Carriage House Samplings. You can find her
designs he

http://www.carriagehousesamplings.com/

Scroll through her pages of designs and you will see that a lot of them
are designed to be stitched on light fabric or black fabric with very
different (and spectacular) results. It would be neat to do some of
those patterns in both and set them side by side on display. Glad you
liked the idea!

Old January 15th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Jangchub wrote:
Weight Watchers. I just lost 55 pounds.

Congratulations!!! That is quite an achievement!!

Old January 17th 06, 08:54 PM
Clr_Gilbrt3 Clr_Gilbrt3 is offline
Junior Member

Location: Maidenhead, England
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere Williams
I thought perhaps it might be interesting to know what we are all stitching
right now -- I'd suspect it's a wide cross-section.

I love interesting quotes, and I'm doing one now that says: I pray that
risen from the dead, I may in Glory stand. A Crown perhaps upon my head,
but a needle in my hand."

The last quote I did said as I told y'all, "Things haven't been the same
since that house fell on my sister."

The one before that was "A needle in the hand is worth two in the couch."
My dh strongly agreed with that one.
--
Jere

Hi!

I'm busy stitching a Victorian carousel on 16 count HPI antique white.

Also trying to finish a flower fairy for my daughter. Wish I had more time!

Clare
Old January 26th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default What we're stitching now...

Just a little update on tut: The face minus the eyes and gold
isfinished. Getting there...