More good thoughts needed

Old August 8th 03, 03:52 AM
saucy

Default More good thoughts needed

Marissa,

Hope your sister loves it here in Texas. If you need someone to watch out
for her I'm in the Austin area. I work for the City of Austin as well and
I'm up around the university all the time.

Starlia
"Marissa Undercofler" wrote in message
t...
This time for my sister Karen, who is finally in Texas where she will

start
her new job in a civilian position for the Army, as a chemical safety
engineer on Monday. This is the farthest she has ever been from any of us
(me, my mom, etc). She will be there for atleast 18 months. When she gets
there, she will be going to school for her Masters in Chemical Engineering
courtesy of the Army. She got to see Kyle in person, on Tuesday for the

last
time for a while, since Texas is a long trip from PA even flying.

So, please send her thoughts for good luck at work and school, and new
friends.

--
Marissa Undercofler
http://groups.msn.com/MarissasPhotos/shoebox.msnw

Old August 8th 03, 05:17 AM
Marissa Undercofler

I forgot to say that she will be living in Texarkana (sp?) not sure where in
relation to Austin that is. My sister is only a yr and a half younger than
me (she is 22), she just graduated from the University of Yale at New Haven
(it is part of Yale, but they are 2 seperate schools) in Connecticut, in
May. She is a very smart girl alot smarter than I'll ever be...I could never
go to school to be a chemical engineer...She went to the Milton Hershey
School in Hershey PA from I think 5th grade until she graduated high school.
She will be living in an apartment complex with many of the other students
(a few of whom she already knows), who will also be starting in their
civilian positions on Monday as well. I think she will be ok, but you know
being the big sister, I am supposed to worry...

Marissa

Old August 8th 03, 08:09 PM
saucy

It never stops when you are a big sister. My brother, sister, and I were
all raised separately with me being the oldest. I still worry about them
and I hardly knew them until I was an adult. I always knew they were out
there and I always worried about them.

Texarkana is a bit far, but I go through there to visit my mother-in-law.
She'll love it there once she gets used to the heat index. snicker

Old August 8th 03, 10:18 PM
Marissa Undercofler

Yesterday when I called her she said it was 110 degrees outside! I couldn't
deal with that, I would be constantly couped up in my apartemnt with the AC
cranked up!

Marissa