Merry Christmas from Mississippi

Old December 25th 07, 01:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Default Merry Christmas from Mississippi

From 8,500 gators in the Swamp (who are all decked out in feathered
finery), we send Merry Christmas best wishes. There are thousands of
Canadian guest geese spending their holidays here and it is quite a show.
They stand, quite happily atop the backs of the gators and enjoy the
warmth and camaraderie. Sometimes there's a raucous squabble about who gets
to stand where among the geese. Sometimes one of them decides that playing
Musical Gators would be fun. They all 'lift off', circle and choose a new
gator before the music stops.
Merry Christmas, y'all. Wonder what the city folks are doing? Polly

Old December 25th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

This city folk just sent her family off to the big Christmas get together
with DH's family about 2 hours from here. I'm at home with drippy eyes and
nose after being up most of the night. No meds would stop it and I just
couldn't go in good conscience with two babies and 17 other adults there.
Typhoid Mary, I'm not. On the other hand, I might just get in the car to
drive to the airport to check for DS's bag that hasn't yet arrived from
Sunday night. That might be a good use of my time. And if I was
successful, that would be a good present!
Going to get dressed now.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
From 8,500 gators in the Swamp (who are all decked out in feathered

Old December 25th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Default Merry Christmas from Iowa was MC from Mississippi

Forgot to change the subject line.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
"KJ" wrote in message
This city folk just sent her family off to the big Christmas get together
with DH's family about 2 hours from here. I'm at home with drippy eyes
and nose after being up most of the night. No meds would stop it and I
just couldn't go in good conscience with two babies and 17 other adults
there. Typhoid Mary, I'm not. On the other hand, I might just get in the
car to drive to the airport to check for DS's bag that hasn't yet arrived
from Sunday night. That might be a good use of my time. And if I was
successful, that would be a good present!
Going to get dressed now.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
From 8,500 gators in the Swamp (who are all decked out in feathered

Old December 25th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Paulette

Default Merry Christmas from WV

Very best wishes to everyone!
paulette in wv

Old December 25th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Paulette, Steve, all the kids, grandkids and
critters}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
merry merry and happy happy back atcha!!!!!!!!!!
love and kissez,
j.

"Paulette" wrote...

Old December 25th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Paulette

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Paulette, Steve, all the kids, grandkids and
critters}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
merry merry and happy happy back atcha!!!!!!!!!!
love and kissez,
j.

Thanks, Jeanne!! All here are well, terribly spoiled and quite full.
paulette

Old December 26th 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa

I'll piggyback onto KJ's message to also wish everyone a Merry Christmas
from Iowa. It was a beautiful day - sunny with no snow or wind, but we
definitely had a white Christmas!

For the first time in years, we weren't up at the crack of dawn to rush off
to someone's house to open gifts. We used to go to DH's sister's (kind of a
leftover tradition from the days when we lived out of state but stayed with
her when we came home for Christmas). She's not in the best of health any
longer, and her kids, grandchildren, etc. total about 21, so it's kind of a
wild and crazy morning, and she just doesn't need anyone else to add to her
stress! Our second stop was always my mom's house, but my brother and his
family (the only two little ones left in the family and the reason for
getting up early on Christmas morning!) won't be here until sometime in
January, so we won't have our gift exchange until then. Instead, the rest of
the family from here in town just kind of drifted in and out of her house as
the day went on, so we all spent time together, but were much more relaxed
than on Christmases past! We played dominoes, worked on a jigsaw puzzle, ate
way too much, and just enjoyed the day. DH and I are now at home,
complaining about how much we ate, but pretty darned happy just the same!

Now it's time to rest up for New Year's (coming from the one who is lucky to
still be awake at 10 p.m., let alone midnight!).

--
Louise in Iowa
nielandl@ msn dot com

"KJ" wrote in message
This city folk just sent her family off to the big Christmas get together
with DH's family about 2 hours from here. I'm at home with drippy eyes
and nose after being up most of the night. No meds would stop it and I
just couldn't go in good conscience with two babies and 17 other adults
there. Typhoid Mary, I'm not. On the other hand, I might just get in the
car to drive to the airport to check for DS's bag that hasn't yet arrived
from Sunday night. That might be a good use of my time. And if I was
successful, that would be a good present!
Going to get dressed now.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
From 8,500 gators in the Swamp (who are all decked out in feathered

Old December 27th 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly D

Default Merry Christmas from Scotland

Wasn't feeling very festive yesterday but feeling a bit better today. Sooo
a belated Merry Christmas... though it's still a holiday today here anyway.
and all the very best wishes for the new year to you all....

A couple of pics of my dinner such as it was are on my blogspot if you're
interested. We had goose and I made it almost according to Delia Smith's
recipe for Roast Stuffed goose with prunes in Armagnac, except I used
Spanish brandy which was just fine. But MY it was a boozy accompaniment.
It also had two stuffings one in the neck and the other in the body cavity.
A yucky job that was. My sewing skills came in handy.

Bunny Hugs

Elly
http://community.webshots.com/user/b...host=community
http://uk.blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-MS...XQ.hRDK6vEKEy7
http://ellydspatchwork.blogspot.com

Every time I hear the dirty word "Exercise",
I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

Old December 27th 07, 07:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Shirley Shone

We were not feeling very festive either since it was SIL funeral on
Christmas Eve.

It was not the best Christmas dinner I had cooked, my heart not being in
it. There were a few plates pushed aside with food still on them, my own
included.

I also concluded that at nearly 72 and with my heart problems, it was
time I hung my chef's hat up for family dinner parties. Let the younger
ones have a go, I have been doing it for 53 years.
It is getting a bit too much for me.

Your roast goose sounds wonderful. I have a set of well thumbed Delia
Smith's cookery books. The first ones I look at out of the 100 or more
cook books I have.
Hugs
Shirley

In message , Elly D
writes

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old December 27th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy

It's hard on the Holidays when you've lost a loved one. Our DD lost her
fiance in a plane crash in Nov two years ago - but his birthday was Dec.
25th! It has gotten a little better each year, but non-Holiday feelings
keep hitting her when she least expects it.

About "Mega-Dinners" ---
We faced a similar problem quite a few years ago -- cooking for 20+ people
got to us one Thanksgiving.... after dinner we got to talking about
leftovers with the DDs, DILs, SOs, and found they each did their own turkey
(at their house - so they could have leftovers ).... Same story about
Christmas (turkey vs. ham vs. goose) Long story short: we get together for
dessert at our house on both Thanksgiving and Christmas... easier on all of
us, and we still get to see and spend precious time with everybody else.
--
ME-Judy
ajhusman at blazenetme dot net

Merry Christmas!! Magie Noire Yarn 12 December 25th 06 09:44 PM
Merry Christmas! Joan E. Needlework 4 December 25th 06 12:08 PM
Merry Christmas to you all! Aud Yarn 8 December 25th 06 04:12 AM
merry christmas Nadine Quilting 6 December 22nd 04 04:39 AM
Merry Christmas Boohoo1971 Needlework 6 December 24th 03 03:33 PM