VERY OT !!! RCTN member seeking religious knowledge

Old June 10th 05, 11:50 AM

Bourne Identity wrote:
On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:30:40 GMT, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen)
opined:

On an after thought , maybe if you ???? hadn`t burnt or buries you
`identity ` , there would be no need for you to
Go to a foreign to you culture to study about yourself and the nature
of your mind ,,, this text reads as having been writen by a Western
Person trying to think like an Eastern ,,,,,
Why can`t people just be themselves ,,,, and why these Missionary
stuff ... ??? mirjam
Budihism is a religion and not Atheistic at all , at least not to all
it`s sections,,,,
mirjam

Laughable since it was Thubten Lama Yeshe, a Tibetan high Lama who wrote it.
You don't know anything about Buddhism. Indeed it is, by all definitions,
atheist. We do not believe in creator or creation. All "deities" were at one
time real people who have achieved the enlightened state. If you would like to
discuss it, so be it, but please don't tell me about Buddhism, which isn't
actually a "religion."

You know you are just wasting your time here! LOL

I understand why you reply, I do the same thing. But we both are smart
enough to know that arguing with someone close-minded is an exercise in
frustration. And the more frustrated we get, the more dug in we get,
and other people start to accuse us of bickering and such. sigh

I know, case of the pot and the kettle, but I'm trying to be aware of
my actions and motivations, hoping that causes improvement over time!

Caryn

Old June 10th 05, 01:51 PM
Pat EAXStitch

"Pat EAXStitch" wrote in message

"Dianne Lewandowski" wrote in message
Pat EAXStitch wrote:
"Dianne Lewandowski" wrote in message

Pat EAXStitch wrote:

It would be nice - PLEASE - PRETTY PLEASE - if those really

interested

could

now just deal with it in Email. Again we`re getting on the

recognisedly
"taboo" subjects of religion (money ... etc.)

I wasn`t talking about the Fire Angel! I was talking about the one who was
wanting to know about different religions!

Pat P

Old June 10th 05, 02:09 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

clancy wrote:

I really
liked
Dianne's suggestion - simple with a brass plaque - not that horrid
burnt ax,
etc. that was originally talked about. But I have no say in it - I
did not
participate in it - just nosey enough to know how it's all going to turn
out. :-))

My sentiments exactly. :-) I didn't say all that much when the
discussion first started about the "finishing". But now we're at the
point where it needs to be figured out. I think Victoria included some
sort of pen and piece of paper with the materials so that each who
stitched could sign it. And, I thought that was to be included inside
the frame on the back. It was my understanding that there's usually
some brown paper glued to the back of a frame, and I *thought* these
signatures would go inside. I'd like to include the history pages as
well. So whoever takes the "Angel" for finishing needs to email me (at
the proper time) so I can print these off.
Dianne
--
"The Journal of Needlework" - The E-zine for All Needleworkers
http://journal.heritageshoppe.com

Old June 10th 05, 03:45 PM
Dawne Peterson

Caryn wrote
Ahhh, can you image RCTN if each individual who participates could have
his own way?
Dianne

It occurs to me that if I had said this someone would have accused me
of being "snarky" or something.....

Are you being snarky or something????
Dawne, confident you are neither, but not wanting to let the side down

Old June 10th 05, 06:33 PM
clancy

Victoria - quit being a total ass - you say a good debate is good blah blah
.... yet someone agrees with the way another suggested framing this angel and
you're finding fault - I've thought from the start that burnt axe bit was a
little morbid (and I've stated that I had no say in the way it was done cuz
I didn't participate - and every day this subject comes up, I'm more and
more glad I didn't bother) ... and TA DAH, we ALL have a right to our
opinion on here ... if you're going to discuss something on this group, we
ALL - any and all - can make any comment we bloody well please. You and all
your crazy identities - what are you running from? Yourself? Geesh

Sharon (N.B.) - who does have a good mouth on her and will express any
opinion she wants any time she wants - while signing her REAL name Gad

"Bourne Identity" wrote in message
news
On 10 Jun 2005 03:50:37 -0700, "

opined:

Bourne Identity wrote:
[...]

There is nothing wrong with skillful debate. As a matter of fact it is a

huge
part of being Buddhist. It can get pretty raucous. However, this

newsgroup
irritates me for the most part, which is why I haven't been posting much

these
days. People do their not so subtle digs about the idea of the burned axe
handle for the Firehouse Angel. Of course that mouth had nothing to DO

with the
project, but was compelled to comment negatively, anyway.

so pot black, nah. We "get" eachother. No worries.

Old June 10th 05, 06:41 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Bourne Identity wrote:

People do their not so subtle digs about the idea of the burned axe
handle for the Firehouse Angel. Of course that mouth had nothing to
DO with the project, but was compelled to comment negatively, anyway.

Gee, I didn't find Sharon's remarks to be any more than what they
appeared . . . an appeal not to finish our angel with that axe idea.
And I answered her in a not subtle way, saying I didn't like the darn
idea, either. And I certainly have had plenty to do on the project.

That was catty, Victoria, and beneath you. We must welcome all points
of view. We don't have to accept them.

Dianne

Old June 10th 05, 07:18 PM
Dr. Brat

Bourne Identity wrote:

And yes, I did say when she gets done, she gets done, but that was almost two
years ago. I think it's going on too long and I would like it presented by this
September 11. I hardly think that's rushing things.

Those are pretty pushy words from someone who was too busy to take her
own turn stitching, Victoria. In my opinion, you'll be better satisfied
if you can get yourself back to "when she gets done she gets done,"
because you really have no control over when she gets done and your
comments aren't doing anything but creating an unpleasant situation for
the rest of us.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old June 10th 05, 11:53 PM

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
If you are so sure everything you say is Right , and ok , Why are Not
for once writing your posts under your own name ,, why all this False
Identities ????
mirjam

I will assume you somehow missed the harrassment she was getting from
someone from another group.

She has changed her name several times in the last several years trying
to avoid that idiot's attention.

How it affects you at all is beyond me tho, she told us who she was
after just one post with the other name, so why must you give her crap
about it?

Oh right...I get it...she just proved you were wrong about something,
and rather than accept the information, you had to try to smack her in
return.

Caryn

Old June 11th 05, 09:07 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Caryn ,,,,
first i approached Victoria =several nicknames, not you. But since you
took upon yourself to be her Voice, i should approach you in my
answer.
I will assume you somehow missed the harrassment she was getting from
someone from another group.

Yes i read her descriptions about being harrased from somebody in
another ng.
If she changes her Email nicname , in order to avoid that person`s
harrasement , but after one or two posts here, discloses to us who she
is , Who assures her that He isn`t lurking here, and reads her
anouncement?., Thus the whole Story Doesn`t make sense. Either she
takes on a new nickname And doesn`t tell publicly on thr Ng who she is
, only in private emails , to those persons , she cares about. Or She
stops posting for a while. If the Harrasment is so bad , maybe see how
she can stop it legally. Or just use her own name all the time, [like
many of us do], and deal with harrasment and other unpleasant things
as they happen. But the way she does it Changing than tell the all
about it, makes no sense. Assuming and respecting Victoria to be a
mature woman, i can assume that all this name changes have another
reason..
She has changed her name several times in the last several years trying
to avoid that idiot's attention.

As i mentioned , it is ineffective if sge than tells the whole NG who
she really is.
How it affects you at all is beyond me tho, she told us who she was
after just one post with the other name, so why must you give her crap
about it?

I am just curious about this unreasonable behviour.?
As to giving crap? [excuse me that expression] She is doing a
wonderful job of dealing it out to all and to herself as well.
Oh right...I get it...she just proved you were wrong about something,
and rather than accept the information, you had to try to smack her in
return.

I just have here an interesting interview from a meeting between the
Dalaai Lamma and an Israeli Rabbi & a Journalist,,, the Dallai Lamma
refferes to his belief as one of the Other religions , he compares it
to Judaism , Islam and Christianity. He mentions God and says he has
to love all humans as they were created by God, etc...
Victoria , has written many things here , over the years, about her
believes Now , and about her Religious upbringing[s]. Had she been
consistent, and told one story, maybe i would have been more trusting
and more inclined to be impressed by her.
We are all mature people we speak and try to discuss and maybe learn
something[s], from this interchanges. We all come with some
preknowledge[s]. I am not here to proove anything, Because aquired
knowledge in grown up age, is adorning or improoving or shades a new
light on the things we knew or didn`t know. Many times people mention
facts and ideas that are new to me, that make me go and seek more info
, and read about it .
I don`t feel that Victoria`s Info prooves anything , either she copies
whole chapters written by those who spread the religion. Or she
attacks and flames incoherently everybody who doesn`t agree with her
Version of anything.
mirjam