Let's talk about red

Old November 7th 12, 02:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Let's talk about red

Thinking buying some fabric will cheer me up, I realized the red bin is
mostly not true red or just leftovers. There's deep, dark red, dull gray red
(that one actually is useful in the strangest places), orange red, leaning
toward pink red and, of course, some that have a sort of blue-ish flavor.
IF you were shopping online, what would be the best word for just pure, true
red? There's crimson, and Christmas and just all manner of red names. Wonder
which one would work for my shopping? Polly

Old November 7th 12, 03:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nana.Wilson

Polly, I think the best red for you is the one (ones) in your cart. Me?
I'm gonna get me some more blue!

Nana

Old November 7th 12, 04:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

If you're shopping blue, look at the one named blue jay. Awesome! Can't
decide whether to use it or just sit here and pat it. Polly

Old November 7th 12, 07:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I've only had one to run. (Say that 3 times real fast.) It was a glorious
red batik. Probably I've been very lucky. Polly

Old November 7th 12, 08:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne in DK

The owner of my LQS where I used to live explained to me that due to the
way red is made, red bleeds into wash water and this is to be expected.
However, the extra dye is not supposed to stick to anything else. So the
questions is how can one see which reds have not been treated right to
ensure that the run doesn't stick to other colours. I guess the answer
is you can't :-(

Hanne in DK

Old November 7th 12, 10:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

I did see one called 'lipstick' - one of the Moda marbles I think? It
was quite a nice red - on the orange side of the range of red I think?
It wasn't quite what I had thought it would be, and not right for my
project, so I had to get another. 'Cardinal' might also be a good name?
Have fun.
..

In message , Polly Esther
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old November 7th 12, 11:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Thanks, Pat. That word worked. I found a really pretty true red described
as lipstick. Polly

"Pat S" wrote in message
I did see one called 'lipstick' - one of the Moda marbles I think? It was
quite a nice red - on the orange side of the range of red I think? It
wasn't quite what I had thought it would be, and not right for my project,
so I had to get another. 'Cardinal' might also be a good name?
Have fun.
.

In message , Polly Esther
writes

Old November 8th 12, 01:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Polly, it has been a long day. I really expected someone to make
a joke about catching the red fabric (since it was running)
Nobody seems to have a sense of humor today for some reason.
Taria

Old November 8th 12, 02:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

No, not a good day for humor. Some of us are celebrating, some struggling to
be gracious, some devastated. Life goes on. Polly

"Taria" wrote Polly, it has been a long day. I really expected someone
to make
a joke about catching the red fabric (since it was running)
Nobody seems to have a sense of humor today for some reason.
Taria

Let's Talk Needlework Karen C - California Needlework 61 May 3rd 05 04:06 PM
OT -Can't 'Talk' Today! Polly S. Beads 6 February 12th 05 05:03 AM
OT - just need someone to talk to Helen C Beads 24 June 22nd 04 08:19 PM
talk about old... Barbara Otterson Beads 8 February 24th 04 03:53 PM
Let's talk!! Kari Machine Knit 4 December 22nd 03 03:05 PM