ping polly

Old August 6th 10, 11:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default ping polly

I just found the lost stack of burial quilts that are almost
finished. Could you re-post the directions so I can finish them. Maybe
others would like to jump in and help also.
I am slow but trying to get through the ufo stuff here.
Thanks, Taria

Old August 7th 10, 03:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

There wasn't much to the instructions, Taria. They were simply birthed and
tacked just a little bit. They need to be soft and drapey. Susan sent one
that was a little too substantial and so very lovely that I made a shirt and
cap to go with it for a little guy that will need something special to wear
to go home from the hospital.
Today's Newborns in Need special request was funny. They need covers
for the mamas who are breastfeeding. Nothing funny about attempting some
privacy and modesty - but the covers are called 'Hooter Hiders'. Polly

"Taria" I just found the lost stack of burial quilts that are almost

Old August 7th 10, 04:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Ok, There are 7 here that just need tacked. I couldn't remember if there
was anything else special to them.
Can I just send them on to the Saltillo address? That I found on my
bulletin board. Hooter hiders is pretty funny.
There are some hollywood types that could use some of those too! Thanks.
Taria

Old August 7th 10, 04:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Yes, please. The Saltillo address will be good. They have added 2 more
hospitals that care for wee needy babies and are struggling to help them
all. As to Hooter Hiders, how I would love to walk though WalMart and toss
them to every Body that is presenting lots more than I want to see. Is
there a contest? What is the prize? Polly

"Taria" Ok, There are 7 here that just need tacked. I couldn't remember
if there
was anything else special to them.
Can I just send them on to the Saltillo address? That I found on my
bulletin board. Hooter hiders is pretty funny.
There are some hollywood types that could use some of those too! Thanks.
Taria

"Polly Esther" There wasn't much to the instructions, Taria. They

Old August 7th 10, 09:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

I would alos like to go to Wal Mart and offer lace or ruffles to those
wearing the SHORT shorts with their cheeks showing! These are usually the
ones who also need the Hooter Hiders.
Barbara in SC

Old August 7th 10, 11:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Polly, what is involved with making a 'Hooter Hider'? This is a
project I can really get excited about. I was a La Leche League leader
for four years when the young'uns were just sprouts.

Sunny
Old August 8th 10, 02:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

If you got to my local Walmart before 7AM in the morning, you won't be
prompted to give out hooter hiders or ruffled lace. You do get choice
of a parking spot, have to dodge the floor waxing machine [it's huge!]
and pallets of goods being shelved and employees fronting the store.
These are much favored in lieu of the antics of customers later in the
day.

Ginger in CA
made a WallyWorld run this morning, in fact. All errands run by 9AM

On Aug 6, 8:36*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Taria- Hide quoted text -

Old August 8th 10, 02:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judie in Penfield NY[_5_]

On 8/7/2010 6:44 PM, Sunny wrote:
Polly, what is involved with making a 'Hooter Hider'? This is a
project I can really get excited about. I was a La Leche League leader
for four years when the young'uns were just sprouts.

Sunny

Sunny,

Here's a link to a free pattern and instructions on how to make a
nursing cover. They are dead easy to make and I've made a few for my
daughter and some of her friends. I put a little square (about the size
or a washcloth) in one of the bottom corners sewn around 3 sides made
into a pocket, you can stick your breast pad in there and it's also
handy for clean up since I make it out of stretch terry.

http://blisstree.com/live/free-patte...nursing-cover/

The hardest part for me was finding the boning but it comes in a package
(Dritz) or sometimes by the yard.

Judie

P.S. Hooter Hiders is a brand name, another is udder covers.
Old August 8th 10, 02:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judie in Penfield NY[_5_]

Default was: ping polly now OT Nursing covers

On 8/7/2010 6:44 PM, Sunny wrote:
Polly, what is involved with making a 'Hooter Hider'? This is a
project I can really get excited about. I was a La Leche League leader
for four years when the young'uns were just sprouts.

Sunny

Sunny,

I forgot to add that I don't use the metal d-rings that are called for,
I happened to have some plastic ones on hand and when they ran out I got
some other plastic fasteners at Joann's. I just thought the metal
d-rings too heavy and hate the thought of those clanging around in the
dryer when it came time to wash the cover.

Judie

Old August 8th 10, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default ping polly now OT Nursing covers

Clanging dryers annoy me too. Do you think we ought to bring that up at our
Anger Management meeting? Polly

"Judie in Penfield NY"

ping polly OT Taria[_2_] Quilting 11 October 8th 09 05:21 PM
OT Ping Polly Kate T. Quilting 19 May 24th 08 03:36 AM
ot Ping: polly Taria Quilting 15 May 4th 08 10:05 PM
Ping: Polly Bobbie Sews Moore Quilting 8 February 4th 08 03:40 AM
Ping: Polly Butterflywings Quilting 2 December 11th 07 04:32 PM