Guild Banquets

Old August 6th 10, 01:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
deschuit

Default Guild Banquets

Wondering what those of you who belong to a local quilt do at your
annual banquets. I am looking for ideas for the evening program at our
banquet next June.

We have had a speaker on haunted houses. Done a slide show on sewing
rooms. Did a lip syncing type thing. Done nothing at all except thank
outgoing and present incoming officers. Looking for what everyone else
does and if something that has been done went over well with the
majority of attendees.

Kathy in NH
Old August 10th 10, 05:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Okay, Kathy. I have politely waited a few days for other suggestions. None
coming so I'll hold out my heart. I don't have a quilt guild. I do, of
course, have a passion.
Invite you members to make a to-be-donated crib quilt (only if they
would like to) for the need of their choice. There's the Salvation Army or
the Red Cross or Newborns in Need ( my own love) or the Sheriff's rescue.
You're just bound to have a local one.
Decorate the walls with the donations. Let the members vote in some
manner on the winner.
The 'prize' could be having each attendee bring some sort of FQ. Ask
for brights, or 'what was I thinking?' or I Spy.
The winner would have bragging rights and a bouquet of FQs. The little
guys who have nothing would have a hug. Polly

Old August 10th 10, 08:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Howdy!

We've done similar projects & turned it into a competition,
so the winners get a prize, and more people participate (good prizes).
Aprons, pillowcases, baby quilts, mini quilts (for later auction),
fabric flower pins (brooch), donation blocks.

We have a "garage sale" at the June banquet (members rent a table
to sell whatever they wish, new, used, vintage).

Fat quarter exchanges, brown paper bag surprise swaps, local youth
orchestra to entertain us, &/or a couple of local quilt shops came in
to do a demo and sell their wares before & after we eat.

Good luck!

R/Sandy

guild crna_ofca Polymer Clay 3 July 26th 05 10:05 PM
Guild Meeting Tina Quilting 17 April 30th 05 01:09 AM
Guild last night teleflora Quilting 0 September 21st 04 04:47 PM
My first guild workshop A&T Quilting 5 September 17th 04 03:54 PM
I Won at Guild! Debbi Quilting 8 May 16th 04 11:54 PM