The Power of Being Established

Old October 24th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

Default The Power of Being Established

wrote in message
oups.com...

Everything we've shipped has arrrived,

Well, ****ing DUH! It's not what you HAVE shipped, it is what you HAVEN'T
shipped that is in dispute, dumbass.

we're selling more kilns every
day, and people seem pretty happy to send us their money.

Obviously you aren't reading the same forums I am. You "may" have one happy
customer out of 500 who hate yer guts.

Tell me more about this amazing volume of 500 kilns a year. Where are you
shipping them? Are they on the same cargo ship as the container of glass
bound for Finland? Bwahahahaha.

Will you be
joining us at Vegas?

Nah, I can stay home and watch the Comedy Channel, even though you are the
biggest joke on the planet.

Old October 25th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

Moonraker wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Everything we've shipped has arrrived,

Well, ****ing DUH! It's not what you HAVE shipped, it is what you HAVEN'T
shipped that is in dispute, dumbass.

we're selling more kilns every
day, and people seem pretty happy to send us their money.

Obviously you aren't reading the same forums I am. You "may" have one happy
customer out of 500 who hate yer guts.

Tell me more about this amazing volume of 500 kilns a year. Where are you
shipping them? Are they on the same cargo ship as the container of glass
bound for Finland? Bwahahahaha.

Will you be
joining us at Vegas?

Nah, I can stay home and watch the Comedy Channel, even though you are the
biggest joke on the planet.

I'm flattered that you're so interested in my business and I promise
to keep you informed of the various activities of my various
enterprises. I have a lot of new things in the works and I'll be
exceedingly busy, but I'll make a special effort to keep you aware of
what's happening.

Dennis Brady

Victorian Art Glass - http://www.vicartglass.com
DeBrady Glassworks - http://www.debrady.com
Glass Campus - http://www.glasscampus.com

******stay tuned for several new websites to go up soon.

Old October 25th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm flattered that you're so interested in my business and I promise
to keep you informed of the various activities of my various
enterprises. I have a lot of new things in the works and I'll be
exceedingly busy, but I'll make a special effort to keep you aware of
what's happening.

I'm sure you will. Please try to come up with something original this
time? Your tired old mantras have worn pretty thin. It's time for some
new material. Listening to you is like watching Frank Burns on M*A*S*H for
the 937th re-run.

But, hey? Whatever you do, don't lose track of that cargo ship full of
glass bound for Finland and all those missing kilns that you owe people.

And while you are working on all those new websites? Maybe you will run
across those quotes you owe Brock, eh?

Old October 25th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

wrote:
glassman wrote:
Anyone agree?

--

Nope.

I believe the job volume on stained glass work is down because of the
Chinese imports. In the past, people believed stained glass was
valuable and were willing to pay for it. Low price imports have
created the impression that stained glass lamps and windows are
something you can buy at Home Depot, Costco, and Walmart.

However, I do agree that having an established business provides a
distinctive advantage. Because established businesses enjoy that
advantage, I tell newbie "basement bandits" to price as low as they
can. That's the only advantage they have to compete with established
businesses. Aggressive marketing helps too.

Victorian Art Glass -
http://www.vicartglass.com
DeBrady Glassworks - http://www.debrady.com
Glass Campus - http://www.glasscampus.com

No one in their right mind would even try to compete with the Chinese
glass. Even trying would put one so far under the minimum wage that
they'd lose money. My custom work is booming. Why? Because my stuff
doesn't look like it came from China and my customers are not Chinese
imported crap customers. My retail business is the best it's been.
Summer is always slow so I don't even try to compare that with where
I'm at now. Even my competition is doing well. You may think that
consumers are always looking for a deal but many of them are looking
for quality and Made In the good ole USA!!! My clients want to interact
with me and not just buy some stained glass thing off the shelf.

Adapt or die, Dennis!

Old October 25th 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

Moonraker wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm flattered that you're so interested in my business and I promise
to keep you informed of the various activities of my various
enterprises. I have a lot of new things in the works and I'll be
exceedingly busy, but I'll make a special effort to keep you aware of
what's happening.

I'm sure you will. Please try to come up with something original this
time? Your tired old mantras have worn pretty thin. It's time for some
new material. Listening to you is like watching Frank Burns on M*A*S*H for
the 937th re-run.

But, hey? Whatever you do, don't lose track of that cargo ship full of
glass bound for Finland and all those missing kilns that you owe people.

And while you are working on all those new websites? Maybe you will run
across those quotes you owe Brock, eh?

Who's Brock?

Old October 25th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

wrote:

Adapt or die, Dennis!

Interesting slogan.
Mind if I use it?

Old October 25th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Brock

I'm sure you will. Please try to come up with something original this
time? Your tired old mantras have worn pretty thin. It's time for
some
new material. Listening to you is like watching Frank Burns on
M*A*S*H for
the 937th re-run.

But, hey? Whatever you do, don't lose track of that cargo ship full
of
glass bound for Finland and all those missing kilns that you owe
people.

And while you are working on all those new websites? Maybe you will
run
across those quotes you owe Brock, eh?

Who's Brock?

Brock is the guy who beats you like a ****ing gong regularly.
Found those quotes, bought those books . . . Lying turd.

Old October 25th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

wrote in message
ups.com...

glassman wrote:
Anyone agree?

--

Nope.

I believe the job volume on stained glass work is down because of the
Chinese imports. In the past, people believed stained glass was
valuable and were willing to pay for it. Low price imports have
created the impression that stained glass lamps and windows are
something you can buy at Home Depot, Costco, and Walmart.

However, I do agree that having an established business provides a
distinctive advantage. Because established businesses enjoy that
advantage, I tell newbie "basement bandits" to price as low as they
can. That's the only advantage they have to compete with established
businesses. Aggressive marketing helps too.

Dennis could you give us the names of just a couple of your students that
are making a primary income doing glass, by taking your advice?

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Old October 25th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"glassman" wrote in message
news

Dennis could you give us the names of just a couple of your students

that
are making a primary income doing glass, by taking your advice?

He couldn't do that even if he named his own kids.

Old October 25th 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

And while you are working on all those new websites? Maybe you will
run
across those quotes you owe Brock, eh?

Who's Brock?

Brock is the guy who beats you like a ****ing gong regularly.
Found those quotes, bought those books . . . Lying turd.

Who's this Brock fella that he thinks he's worth quoting?

Was he the character that told beginners to use the same kiln firing
schedule for Bullseye as for Spectrum, or perhaps he was the one that
claimed an 80 grit sanding belt becomes a 100 grit belt when it wears
down? Maybe he's the antique that thinks you should babysit your kiln
and not bother using a digital controller?

Inconsequential

Insignificant

POWER! I HAVE POWER! Teacher Gal Quilting 24 July 26th 06 02:25 PM
eScrew [email protected] Yarn 0 December 20th 04 11:54 AM
eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] Needlework 0 December 20th 04 10:23 AM
eScrew zen story [email protected] Quilting 0 December 20th 04 09:59 AM
funny joke about beads [email protected] Beads 0 December 19th 04 02:05 PM