Lurkers Speak!

Old October 14th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Mary R. Lynn

Default Lurkers Speak!

I, for one, have lurked sometimes and contributed at others. This board has
been reduced to the rantings of people with no emotional control and so,
after subscribing for maybe 10 years, I am "unsubscribing" from this list.
Life's too short for this ridiculous banter.

Old October 14th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut

"Mary R. Lynn" wrote in message
. ..
I, for one, have lurked sometimes and contributed at others. This board

has
been reduced to the rantings of people with no emotional control and so,
after subscribing for maybe 10 years, I am "unsubscribing" from this list.
Life's too short for this ridiculous banter.

Cool another "taker" gone, how bout replacing her with a "giver"?

Old October 15th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

"Mary R. Lynn" wrote in message
. ..
I, for one, have lurked sometimes and contributed at others. This board
has been reduced to the rantings of people with no emotional control and
so, after subscribing for maybe 10 years, I am "unsubscribing" from this
list. Life's too short for this ridiculous banter.

Before you stalk out Mary, why not just killfile the ones you don't want
to listen to? That mean ignore them permanently. Makes more sense.

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Old October 15th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

wrote in message
ps.com...
The only unique thing about this board is it's lack of moderator
control that permits the routine anti-social (frequently psychotic)
behaviour. If you check out the various other boards (that prohibit
the childish sniping) you'll discover that the group here is only a
misfit minority.

Coming from someone who has been banned from most of the boards in the glass
world, Dennis's comments can only be taken with a full shaker of salt.
Were this a moderated forum, certainly you would have been long gone from
here, too.

Given that Dennis is a raving egomaniac and a congenital liar, him throwing
around psycho-babble comments about other poster's behavior is pretty funny.

Seems to me that everybody else gets along right well with each other and
offers a helping hand when needed. The misfit is a minority of one, named
Brady.

Old October 15th 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

"Moonraker" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
ps.com...
The only unique thing about this board is it's lack of moderator
control that permits the routine anti-social (frequently psychotic)
behaviour. If you check out the various other boards (that prohibit
the childish sniping) you'll discover that the group here is only a
misfit minority.

Coming from someone who has been banned from most of the boards in the
glass world

Is this true Moon? I don't frequent the other boards.

Old October 15th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"glassman" wrote in message

Coming from someone who has been banned from most of the boards in the
glass world

Is this true Moon? I don't frequent the other boards.

That's the gospel according to St. Brock.

Old October 15th 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Peregrine

I hate to top post and such. I check in on occasion and see if there is
anything that interest me and I have been turned back by OT Bashing as you
say.

My name is Kevin, I have taken one class at Carlisle School of Glass Art and
been working on getting my stuff together to start at home. I want to make
Boro Glass Pendants. I have my torch, but still need everything else. So I
do try to find deals on Regulators and annealer kilns.

OT bashing happens on every forum though.

Old October 15th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Javahut

"Peregrine" wrote in message
I hate to top post and such. I check in on occasion and see if there is
anything that interest me and I have been turned back by OT Bashing as you
say.

My name is Kevin, I have taken one class at Carlisle School of Glass Art

and
been working on getting my stuff together to start at home. I want to

make
Boro Glass Pendants. I have my torch, but still need everything else. So I
do try to find deals on Regulators and annealer kilns.

OT bashing happens on every forum though.

Yup, it happens, but on with your post

why not make you own annealer? not difficult to do, and lots of people here
to help you with advice.
find Jack Bowman on here, nJB , he has forgotten more than most people have
ever known about kilns...

Old October 16th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

wrote in message
ps.com...

Moonraker wrote:
"glassman" wrote in message

Coming from someone who has been banned from most of the boards in

the
glass world

Is this true Moon? I don't frequent the other boards.

That's the gospel according to St. Brock.

You're taking advice from someone that tells his students to use the
same firing schedules for Bullseye as for Spectrum?

Better off taking advice from Brock than from a nitwit that expouses 900F
soldering tips and insists that wet belt sanders are a necessity.

Did your container load of glass make it to Finland, yet?