glass sales off 20% overall

Old July 11th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
diddlywhoot

Default glass sales off 20% overall

slightly less in the fusing dept.

got it right from horses mouth!!

Old July 11th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

diddlywhoot wrote:
slightly less in the fusing dept.

got it right from horses mouth!!

and...........

Old July 12th 06, 12:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

"diddlywhoot" wrote in message
slightly less in the fusing dept.

got it right from horses mouth!!

Wholesale, retail, manufacturers?

--
JK Sinrod
www.SinrodStudios.com

Old July 12th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
michele

what horse? m

Old July 12th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"michele" wrote in message
what horse? m

"diddlywhoot" wrote in message
slightly less in the fusing dept.

got it right from horses mouth!!

I'm thinking it might be from the other end of the horse.....

Old July 12th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
JK@work

"Moonraker" wrote in message
. ..

"michele" wrote in message
what horse? m

"diddlywhoot" wrote in message
slightly less in the fusing dept.

got it right from horses mouth!!

I'm thinking it might be from the other end of the horse.....

Actually I wouldn't be shocked to learn that manufacturers sales of
colored glass were off 50% domestically. It's been a plummeting market for
years now.

Old July 12th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"JK@work" wrote in message

Actually I wouldn't be shocked to learn that manufacturers sales of
colored glass were off 50% domestically. It's been a plummeting market

for
years now.

This probably means a decline in the need to learn turbo soldering, eh?

Old July 13th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Kalera

JK@work wrote:

Actually I wouldn't be shocked to learn that manufacturers sales of
colored glass were off 50% domestically. It's been a plummeting market for
years now.

I don't know about the other companies, but Bullseye and Uroboros are
doing well still.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old July 13th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Glassman

"Kalera" wrote in message
. ..
JK@work wrote:

Actually I wouldn't be shocked to learn that manufacturers sales of
colored glass were off 50% domestically. It's been a plummeting market
for
years now.

I don't know about the other companies, but Bullseye and Uroboros are
doing well still.

--
-Kalera

Facts, financial reports, or just a rumor? How can they possibly be
selling as much when Chinese ripoffs are .99 cents a foot? Gotta be
impacting them on SOME big level.

Old July 13th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Moonraker

"glassman" wrote in message

Facts, financial reports, or just a rumor? How can they possibly be
selling as much when Chinese ripoffs are .99 cents a foot? Gotta be
impacting them on SOME big level.

Speaking of Chinese.....

A couple of weeks ago I stopped by Armstrong's warehouse. They were balls
to the wall getting huge orders picked and packed for several container load
export shipments to Finland or Norway or Germany or somewhere over there.
He told me where they were going, I just don't remember exactly.

I didn't get the impression that Armstrong was crying the blues over sharply
declining sales.

Soldering jump rings with glass Robin Jewelry 9 September 9th 04 04:41 AM
Glass etching questions and looking for glass [email protected] Glass 2 January 17th 04 08:58 PM
glaze FAQ's Tom Buck Pottery 0 August 18th 03 01:26 AM
FA: $5.00The Technique of Stained Glass Elric of Imrryr Marketplace 0 July 30th 03 03:53 AM
glaze FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 0 July 18th 03 05:40 AM