Need shagging instructions

Old January 18th 05, 04:00 AM
Violet \F'loonslayer\ Volfie

"Joan8904" wrote in message
The newer Maytags don't have the removable, easy to clean, lint filter.
Supposedly they have been redesigned so they don't need the
clean-it-yourself filter.

Yeah, right. It was over a 100 hundred dollar repair bill for our new

Kenmore
when I washed a raggedy flannel quilt.

Well wouldn't that just cork it if by doing an act of kindness I made a
complete mess of my house (you should see the little flannel snips all
over!), spend all this time, alienated half a newsgroup by using the wrong
word for the quilt AND end up having to pay a repairman to fix the washer
when I'm done??

Giselle (no wonder I have so many UFOs

Old January 18th 05, 04:07 AM
Polly Esther

Talking to myself here. Where is the dog when I need him?
Anyhow.
The only reason I never danced to Beach music in the Carolinas is
because we've only visited the Carolina mountains. Just the most beautiful
place we ever go.
The reason I've never done anything in the UK I couldn't tell my mother
about was because there was no reason to tell her. She probably invented it.
Polly

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
nk.net...
Trying to stay on topic - but it seems there are at least three going now.

have never danced to Beach music in the Carolinas, have never done

anything
I couldn't tell my mother about in the UK and don't remember how wide the
seam allowance was in my flannel quilt. There. Did I cover all the

bases?
Polly

Old January 18th 05, 04:13 AM
Carolyn McCarty

I'm sorry....the first look at this post made me think of Austin Powers, and
now you need to come clean my monitor! LOL

Seriously, my raggedy quilts came out just fine with two washes, one dry. I
can't remember how much of the shedding I removed from the washer and dryer,
but it was a lot! How my son and my nephews deal with the residual shedding
is their problem. ;-) And remember, most of these quilts will only get
washed once or twice a year.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green

"Violet "F'loonslayer" Volfie" wrote in message
Okay, I finally finished one of my UFOs and I'm sitting here cutting the
fringe into a flannel shag quilt. Do I remember these nexts steps right?

1.) Wash it
2.) Dry it a little, shake it out outside, clean the lint trap repeat
every
15 minutes until shagged as desired.

?

Giselle (that's IT? )

Old January 18th 05, 04:28 AM
merrystitch

My suggestion is to take the quilt to the Laundromat. I learned this the
hard way after DH had to take the washer apart because the lint had globbed
up the innards.
Throw a couple pair of jeans in with the quilt to get a little action
going--helps it to fray a bit better.
Merrystitch
"

Old January 18th 05, 04:33 AM
Polly Esther

Well, Giselle, I don't think you alienated any of us. Shag rugs were very
popular in the US in the 60's and in 2002 , 2003. They may have been more
x-rated than I knew about. Shagging, raggedy, frayed - whatever. No
problem. Your quilt may turn out to be gorgeous. We hope that for you.
Polly

"Violet "F'loonslayer" Volfie" wrote Well wouldn't that just cork it if by

Old January 18th 05, 05:17 AM
DrQuilter

and I thought it was spam! )

SunnyQuilt wrote:
When I read your Subject line I thought you meant you wanted to learn how to do
The Shag, a dance done to beach music in the Carolinas!

SunnyQuilt

"Violet \"F'loonslayer\" Volfie" wrote:

Okay, I finally finished one of my UFOs and I'm sitting here cutting the
fringe into a flannel shag quilt. Do I remember these nexts steps right?

1.) Wash it
2.) Dry it a little, shake it out outside, clean the lint trap repeat every
15 minutes until shagged as desired.

?

Giselle (that's IT? )

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)
Old January 18th 05, 08:34 AM
Mel Rimmer

"SunnyQuilt" wrote in message
When I read your Subject line I thought you meant you wanted to learn how

to do
The Shag, a dance done to beach music in the Carolinas!

SunnyQuilt

That's okay, when I saw it I thought our UK cousins where going to have a
real hoot over it.

That's all right. I just assumed it was something to do with S.E.X.

Mel in Cheshire, England

Old January 18th 05, 08:37 AM
SNIGDIBBLY

I just figured shagging came NAT -TURE - LY!! running & hiding with a VEG!!

--
SNIGDIBBLY
~e~

Old January 18th 05, 09:26 AM
Roberta Zollner

Not in the UK, but I had just been reading something British. It gave me a
hoot!

As for your washing machine, there probably is some kind of filter. Mine's a
front loader and has a panel at the bottom front. Behind that lurks a sort
of hose arrangement for draining all the water out of the machine in case of
mid-cycle disasters. The filter is in there too.
Roberta in D

"Violet "F'loonslayer" Volfie" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

"SunnyQuilt" wrote in message
When I read your Subject line I thought you meant you wanted to learn how

to do
The Shag, a dance done to beach music in the Carolinas!

SunnyQuilt

That's okay, when I saw it I thought our UK cousins where going to have a
real hoot over it.

Giselle (I shoulda *specified*)

Old January 18th 05, 09:33 AM
Krysia Thompson

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:17:24 -0800, DrQuilter
wrote:

and I thought it was spam! )

so did I!! And who need instruction anyway, with the flood of
spam everyday which - from my experience - offerlots of
instructive, pictorial sites for that....
but also made me laugh thinking - yeah, someone will get it,
hehehehe )))))))

Krysia

SunnyQuilt wrote:
When I read your Subject line I thought you meant you wanted to learn how to do
The Shag, a dance done to beach music in the Carolinas!

SunnyQuilt

"Violet \"F'loonslayer\" Volfie" wrote:

Okay, I finally finished one of my UFOs and I'm sitting here cutting the
fringe into a flannel shag quilt. Do I remember these nexts steps right?

1.) Wash it
2.) Dry it a little, shake it out outside, clean the lint trap repeat every
15 minutes until shagged as desired.

?

Giselle (that's IT? )

K.T. - starannie opakowana