Monitoring electricity consumption of a device?

Old October 4th 05, 01:30 PM

It does sound like a useful system for big ovens. I've always been
skeptical about 'zone control' in these big fiber fusers; its
problematic for a bunch of reasons. This is a simple modification and
it would be easy to test with a couple three or four pyrometers. Jack
you might want to ask Ron Coleman at warmglass, I think he was
considering using this for an evenivity-controlled fusing project.
Still, I use Bullseye wash--which is special because of its extremely
fine particle size--and I am totally paranoid about any whiff of a poof
of a shoosh. If you try this, do a test and run your fingernails over
the surface of the piece, blackboard style. You'll be able to feel if
there is too much crap on the surface.

Old October 4th 05, 06:20 PM
Mike Firth

where you place the tubes. We employed the system from the moment we
turned
the oven on until the temperature was around 400 deg. F.

400F going back down, right?

--
Mike Firth