OT : Just When You Thought Stuff Couldn't Be Worse

Old July 3rd 03, 02:27 PM
rainbow

Default OT : Just When You Thought Stuff Couldn't Be Worse

To thise of you that have read about our um=nemployment problem : It's
worse ... well, we won't get unemployment paid to us ... we were
actually prepared to accept that even though we know people that got it
for a lot less good reasons ... We are now in a he said / she said game
with the unemployment people and apparently we are not as good as he is
at explaining ourselves .... I wrote an appeal letter and recieved no
answer, so i have to call them today. My sister just sent her appeal in
and she wrote a very fin letter indeed, for all the good I think it will
ever do. The only good part is that other people involved will get a
copy of her letter and she will have been heard. It is rather atomic,
that letter ... !
So day beore yesterday, we went to a cpmpany to appy for work and they
turned us down bac=sed on a "non-bopet" agreeent we had signed. Thw
usiness we worked for wa a telephone answering service, that is trying
to wok it's way up to a call center that does order entry. We only had 2
order entry clients, The agreement sates answering service, but he is
faxing everywhere we apply this letter and we are getting turned down.
Apparently he is alleging to these people that we signed it knowing
about the move to a call center environment. he agreement only says
answering service. People are afraid to hire us, based on the fact that
he is telling them that if we even touch a telepone in the execution of
our job, he will sue. It is good for 2 years. The place we went, wanted
to put us to work on the spot, but could not, due to this. We did find
out that there are other people who walked away after we did. He has
faxed a list of employees to every ans. svc. and call center of the 5
people they can't hire or be sued. We were actually shocked he would go
this far ! The company is a very small mom and pop environment.
This is our only marketable job skill as seen by unemployment ... and we
have been advised to write to him to be released from the agreement and
if he doesn't to get a lawyer. We are not getting a good reference from
him, and we know this is more personal than the truth. To
those of you that emailed me privately, thanks for your support ... just
letting you know the outcome .... wait till he gets a load of my
sister's appeal letter ... if he thinks he is mad at us now, just wait.
We figure it can't get any worse, so we were at least going to have our
say. Rainbow

Old July 4th 03, 02:58 AM
Kandice Seeber

Sue him now. I wish I could be of better help, because your situation
sounds really horrible. I think the only thing you can do is sue him, or
find another job in a completely different environment. Perhaps a job that
will pay for training. ((((hugs))))

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 4th 03, 06:18 AM
Dr. Sooz

Two words: Legal Aid. Move on it now, or this fart will make your life even
worse.
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making
exciting discoveries. ~ A. A. Milne

Old July 4th 03, 06:51 AM
rainbow

Old July 4th 03, 07:35 AM
rainbow

We both filed appeals and are waiting to hear back, which we should
after the holiday. The worst thing is that this will come down to a
hearing, and he will say what he says and I say mine and I can't figure
out how they figure out who is more right. He says he has a right to run
his business and do what he does, and I say it was horrible and unfair
and they tell me to get over it ..... My sister isgoing to win this
thing, at least I think so ... she wrote the beat appeal letter ! If
she has to be re=trained, he should have to pay for it. As well as
myself. Hey, we'd been ot applying for jobs and we had no idea he was
faxing this agreement we'd signed to people who called for our
employment history. Only one woman had the balls to tell us.
I haven't even told everything about all the stuff we went thru. Ya'll
would trip out ! For the past year, or a little better we have hd a
nightmare. The porno site he wanted us to deal with was the end of it.
Unemployment said this wasn't illegal and was no reason to quit. The
take over of the business has been going on all year, but we didn't
know. Our supervisor, who told us alot of stuff, just didn't tell us
this part. She had been telling us that the guy was a jerk, but that was
a moot point, we knew that. In one breath we went from a nice little
place to daily hassles with the new ofc mgr, his live in girlfriend, and
harassment by him. All attempte to make him listen to us were ignored.
We are not the only ones. Several others bit the dust as well.
If ya'll want to laff about this, here's a little story, The previous
owner, his mom, is asuper strict Christian and was pretty socially
conscious, to the point that she would hire and train people who would
be impossible to otherwise employ. Such as a mentally ill 440 lb. woman,
who didn't know how to handle her monthly period, yuk, and an older
woman who has a medical thing and had to bring several changes of pants
towork because she was incontinent. She would keep her poop stained
clothes in her locker all day. Our supervisor would go in to these
tirades in the early AM when only she and I and my sister were there and
once she demonstrated, physically, her rape scenario. When we complained
we were ignored. I am not hard hearted, really, but this was a business
and working environment and we shouldn't have had to go thru this. On
the day before i left, a lad who had cometo work with us, freaked out in
our office because she was off her meds. I actually got all the way
under my desk to keep from getting hurt ! Unemployment
won't listen to any of this. They only care about the day I left and
why, that day I went. I explained everything in the appeal, the damned
letter was 4 pages long. The whole process of this is just ridiculous.
They said i should have procured secure employment before leaving, but
it just was not possible. They also only look at your case, and not the
business, as a whole. If they fif, they'd find one fired and 4 walked
away after the change over .... shouldn't this point to a problem ?
We are really afraid of what was already said to perspective employers
about us by this guy. He has us about as out of the game as you can get.
Another part of this is a catch 22 thing. The company uses an off
premise benefits and payroll company. They do insurance and payroll and
I think that because of a legal thing and group insurance, you are
called an employee of that company. We had only had that company for 5
months. Before that we'd had a different one. We were 9 year employees
of the ans. svc., with these off premise mgnt. svcs. On our unemployment
insurance record, it looks like we were only employed by 1 of them for 5
months and the other for about 4 years, and previously we were paid
directly by the ans. svc. It was never explained to us that we'd have
trouble with unemployment if we had gone with tis other company.
Unemployment didn't seem to be able to understand the concept AT ALL,
that we were employees for 9 years of a business that has an off site
mgmt. company. We don't know what
exactly we are going to do right now, but we are discussing legal
action. Problem is, we have to generate an income or we are going to
lose our apt. That is more important to us at the moment.
Rainbow

Old July 4th 03, 08:27 PM
rainbow

Hey, thanks, as we are scrambling , trying to find words to fight this
thing with, yours will be very useful !
By the way, I bow to you, forthe beautiful stuff on your site !
Rainbow