Newbie asks, What book?

Old December 8th 04, 01:32 AM
Rick Samuel

Default Newbie asks, What book?

Have an interest, but no experience, anyone have a preference to author or
title? A very basic one, I guess. Thanks

Old December 8th 04, 02:22 AM
Momzilla

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message
Have an interest, but no experience, anyone have a preference to author or
title? A very basic one, I guess. Thanks

The Complete Potter's Companion
by Tony Birks

-nancy-

Old December 8th 04, 10:32 AM
Steve Mills

I agree with Nancy; a stunningly good book.

Steve
Bath
UK

In article , Momzilla
writes

--
Steve Mills
Bath
Old December 8th 04, 06:09 PM
annemarie

"Momzilla" wrote in message

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message
Have an interest, but no experience, anyone have a preference to author
or title? A very basic one, I guess. Thanks

The Complete Potter's Companion
by Tony Birks

-nancy-

Exactly my thought )

Old December 10th 04, 06:24 AM
sam

"The Potter's Manual" by Kenneth Clark is a good reference and is
rather inexpensive.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

"The Potter's Wheel" by Barbaformosa is also a very good reference and
is also rather inexpensive.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books
Those are of my favorite books and two of the best I have found.

Old December 10th 04, 02:42 PM
CNB

The Complete Potter's Companion is a good one. Has a little of everything.
Once you decide whether you would like to stick with it there are a lot of
good books out there that are more specialized. But in the beginning, in
addition to the one already listed, I really enjoyed The Encyclopedia of
Pottery Techniques and by Peter Cosention, Thrown Pottery Techniques
revealed by Mary Chappelhow, and The potter's guide to Ceramic Surfaces.
All easy to understand and have great color photos. I could go on but those
books I feel should give a great start.
Have fun,
Crystal

Old December 11th 04, 12:01 AM
Eddie Daughton

Oh Yeah, Glazes and Glazing techniques by Greg Daly, best book i've ever
seen on Glazes both for the beginner and more experienced.....
Hugz
Eddie

Old December 11th 04, 02:53 AM
Raj V

I particularly like several older books like Daniel Rhodes' "Clay and Glazes
for the Potter" and Glen Nelson's "Ceramics: A Potter's Handbook".