Spay & Neuter License plate in Florida

Old November 15th 03, 01:52 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

Default Spay & Neuter License plate in Florida

...... Perhaps vets could tack a little more on other services, then
be prepared to assist with people who would like to spay/neuter but
have a hard time finding the bucks. ....... My vet drives a Lexus SUV by the

way !

I like this approach! I could even abide people who had pets and didn't
bother with the yearly shots IF the pet was not allowed to raom free!
Unfortunately, a lot of the people who allow their pets to roam free and just
the sort who don't feel the need to spay/neuter or bother with yearly
innoculations.
As for your Vet driving a Lexus SUV -- that's not a valid argument you old
GOW you! DH and I used to drive an Infinity Q45 and we are by NO means in the
well-off category! Maybe your Vet comes from family money or made a killing in
the stock market in the past. Maybe s/he lives in a manufactured home and
spend his earnings on his vehicle? And to make matters worse, what person in
their right mind would want to drive a *luxury* SUV?? Defeats the purpose of a
SUV Deathtrap in my book -- LOLOL!
OH -- Sheena -- I almost forgot these -- :-)) :-)) :-)) -- just for VOUS!!!!!
CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old November 15th 03, 03:07 PM
Lucille

Surprise, Surprise !! This time I agree with everyone. Does that
mean I'm becoming a softie ??

Lucille

wrote in message
On 15 Nov 2003 13:52:40 GMT, ekoluvr (Tia
Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply ) wrote:

...... Perhaps vets could tack a little more on other services, then
be prepared to assist with people who would like to spay/neuter but
have a hard time finding the bucks. ....... My vet drives a Lexus SUV by

the
way !

I like this approach! I could even abide people who had pets and

didn't
bother with the yearly shots IF the pet was not allowed to raom free!
Unfortunately, a lot of the people who allow their pets to roam free and

just
the sort who don't feel the need to spay/neuter or bother with yearly
innoculations.

My cat does not have any innoculations, he is an indoor cat and the
trip to town to get same makes him desperately car sick. He is
neutred though, I can't imagine making room for a tom, stinky things!

He was bugging me last night, up on the bed, paw in my face, purr
purr. Down off the bed, back up again. In the end I got out to
investigate as normally he arrives, settles and sleeps. I thought
maybe he had a mouse cornered and wanted me to move the television
cabinet or something. Nothing seemed wrong. Water bowl full (he
would drink from the toilet anyway) I noticed I had left the light
on over the stove and switched it off and whoosh, away he went,
practically asleep on the bed by the time I got back in. Crazy
bugger, he must have Scottish blood in him.
As for your Vet driving a Lexus SUV -- that's not a valid argument you

old
GOW you!

Not intended as an argument you old GOW yourself! It was a response
to a remark Amanda made.

DH and I used to drive an Infinity Q45 and we are by NO means in the
well-off category! Maybe your Vet comes from family money or made a

killing in
the stock market in the past. Maybe s/he lives in a manufactured home

and
spend his earnings on his vehicle? And to make matters worse, what

person in
their right mind would want to drive a *luxury* SUV?? Defeats the

purpose of a
SUV Deathtrap in my book -- LOLOL!

No, none of the above apply to him, however I do give him marks in the
generosity department as I know he does subsidize where it is clear
the person has a problem with paying. He lets them have an account.

One other thing that makes him my choice is that animals that can get
along with other animals that have to be kept in the surgery are not
confined to pens. When you go in, there are cats on every windowsill
sunning themselves. Dogs rushing to greet you etc. I believe it is
especially great for cats who hate to be away from home far more than
dogs. He (the vet) is the exception to the rule around here though.

.
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties

their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Tia - words fail me. What with the neaner thingy and those bloody
you-know-whats, perhaps it is time to demote you and take away your
GOWdom. Watch yourself there!

Old November 16th 03, 07:14 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

From: Tara D

...... When I made the choice last year, I spent weeks after wondering if I
really had done the right thing by her. Luckily I've dealt with my
vet for a few years, and trust him completely when it comes to my
animals' welfare.

I have changed Vets in the last year and like the new Vet much better. The
old one was the "all shots, all the time" type and I don't agre with that with
old animals. About 10 years ago, my current Old Lady Cat (Patches) had her
turn at the Vets for her yearly. she was about 16 at the time and the she,
along with the other kitty and the dog, were allowed outside because we had a
fenced yard and the kitties were NOT the type to wander (too old and the fence
was too hig -- LOL). Anyway, without thinking, I routinely had the Vet give
Patches all of her shots. Poor Patches was just too old for all of that stuff
at one and she crossed the Rainbow Bridge less than two weeks later -- and she
*had* been in perfect health for a kitty that old :-(.
Even since then, I would ony give my old kitties the bare minimum of shots.
The Vet here like to stagger them. The **old** kitties don't get rabies
because they never get out (even if they tried, they are too slow). They get
is the feline leukemia shot in one visit and then about 6 months later they get
whatever that other one is that is routinely given to kitties. This, of
course, is assuming that the kitty is healthy -- just old. Mikey (Fat Cat) did
fine having her shots this way for the last year. What finally sent her on the
road to the Rainbow Bridge was the stress of having to be in the kennel for a
week :-(((. Maybe it was that second shot -- she had to have that or she
couldn't be in the kennel.
Who knows -- mystery to MOI. It's so nice to have a Vet that you can trust.
The previous one was NOT trustworty for me and I left as soon as I found my
current Vet. CiaoMeow ^;;^
..

Old November 16th 03, 08:54 PM
Bertha

On 16 Nov 2003 19:14:06 GMT, Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply
muttered something like:

Who knows -- mystery to MOI. It's so nice to have a Vet that you can trust.
The previous one was NOT trustworty for me and I left as soon as I found my
current Vet. CiaoMeow ^;;^

I found the most wonderful thing in my area--a vet who makes house calls.
She can't do things like x-rays in your house, obviously for that sort of
thing you have to go in to a clinic. But she can come give him a checkup
and any shots he needs (and she's like yours, if it's a two-year shot she
doesn't advocate them every year).

It's great for the old cat. He's such a friendly critter that he comes
out to greet anyone who comes into our house; he comes and sits on her lap
and purrs while she looks him over, and I don't think he even realizes he
just had a checkup. Must less stress for both of us.

-Bertha
--
The mark of a good conspiracy theory is its untestability.
-- Andrew Spring