Newbie asks, What book?

Old December 11th 04, 03:07 AM
Momzilla

"Raj V" wrote in message
I particularly like several older books like Daniel Rhodes' "Clay and
Glazes
for the Potter" and Glen Nelson's "Ceramics: A Potter's Handbook".

I have both. I always recommended the Nelson as a good basic overview but
then I saw a copy of the Birk's.
Both are good. I like the throwing instructions in the Birk's better.

-nancy-

Old December 12th 04, 08:46 AM
sam

Taking a trip to the library to browse through the available books is
always worthwhile, that way you can read a little in the book, check
out what it has to offer and if you like what you see buy it at a shop.
If you aren't already familar with half.com it is a great source of
used books, as well as amazon.com.

Old December 13th 04, 01:01 AM
Roz Lacey

Of all the countless books on my shelves, the two I use constantly are The
Potters Question and Answer Book by Gill Bliss and The complete Practical
Potter by Josie Warshaw.. Idiot's bibles for me.
oups.com...

Old December 18th 04, 04:51 PM
pbhj

Momzilla wrote:
"Rick Samuel" wrote in message

Have an interest, but no experience, anyone have a preference to author or
title? A very basic one, I guess. Thanks

The Complete Potter's Companion
by Tony Birks

-nancy-

Following the recommendations on this group, I've just got hold of this
of Amazon, it's a new edition 2003 (be careful as older editions are
still available). It's a beautiful book ... it arrived this week and
I've speed read the whole thing already ...thanks to everyone for the
suggestions. Will probably let you know how I get on!

Cover price is £16.99, amazon is about £8.

Cheers

Paul