Need a Pick me Up

Old January 28th 04, 04:31 AM
Debbie B

Default Need a Pick me Up

I am sending big big big toasty hugs to you.

We just went thru the furnace breaking down last December. The coldest time
of the year here.

--
Debbie (New Mexico)
Life is too short

---

Old January 28th 04, 08:36 AM
Christina Peterson

Hi Kathy,

Your washing machine didn't freeze and burst the pipes did it? I hope some
did just let go.

About a month after I bought this house, I had a house fire. It didn't burn
up, but I had to replace all the mechanicals/appliances, all the interior
walls.part of the floor, all of the roof, etc, and all belongings. The next
year Roger (DS) stayed with me, and I drove to Valdez with him. When we got
back, the furnace had failed and the whole thing frozen up. Fortunately, it
was only the walls between the closet and the bathroom that had to be
replaced. One of the new control parts was defective. But the insurance
company still refused to re-insure me!

Give Amanda an extra hug for me. Kiss DH on the top of his head for me.
And be as good to yourself as you can. What an awful week!

((((((((((((((((Kathy))))))))))))))))

Tina

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
Due to our furnace's sudden demise, DD and I got to spend the weekend at

my
mother's house. We had a surprisingly good time, yakking about everything
and anything. Because I am "mechanically inclined," Mom asked me to fix
her CD-Walkman. It didn't require a hell of a lot of skill -- she had
neglected to put batteries in the stupid thing. On Sunday night, DH

called,
saying that the furnace was now running and that the house was heating

up --
we could come home Monday morning. Hurrah!

Well, not so fast. For a house that now had a working heating system, it

was
darned cold. I called the service dude and he said that he was afraid

that
might happen, and he'd be here today (Tuesday). I warned him that we have

no
more money to give him for this repair right now (he cleaned us out over

the
weekend, and DH doesn't get paid until Friday.). Grumbling slightly, he
agreed to come over anyway.

Tuesday, of course, doesn't mean bright and early in the morning. It

means 3
p.m. - ish, and another whole day of living in a house that was a

refreshing
40 degrees F. (What's that? About 2 degrees, C?) Anyway, darned cold. I
spent much of the day under the covers in bed.

Finally, at about 7 p.m., the radiators started making their noises, and

heat
started to come up. The repairman says it will take 10-12 hours before

the
house gets to a comfortable temperature, but it's a whole lot better now

than
it has been since Friday.

We did lose one thing to the cold -- my washing machine. I have a
fancy-schmancy front loader that I adore. The intake tubing inside the
machine (not visible from the outside) let go and all the guts of the

machine
are soaked. I have a call in to the washing machine repair dude, with an
appointment for Saturday. (See above: DH gets paid on Friday) In the
meantime, I have craploads of laundry all over my house, much of it

stained
beyond repair because DH gave the good towels to the furnace repairman

when
he asked for some towels to use.

On Monday, we were eating boneless breast of chicken and DH yelped. His
tooth had split in half, and he was now in intense pain. The dentist was
able to see him first thing this morning, and has temporarily repaired the
tooth. Of course, the dentist recommends that the tooth get a root canal,

post and a crown. (Big $$$$) We have dental insurance, but it will only

pay
about 20% of the cost. So DH says he wants the tooth pulled! Say

what!?!?
I have a strong aversion to pulling any teeth that can be saved, and tell

DH
that his option is NOT acceptable. So, he'll be getting a crown next

week.

Of course, he's scheduled to be at a trade show all week, so I get to be a
single parent, and he gets to work 20 hours a day. We're both wicked

cheery,
take my word for it.

Right now, I'm fed up to my eyeballs with working on my kokschnik - the

RAW
veil is taking so damn long. I think I'm going to play with some pearls

and
see if I can make a real pearl netting that might be suitable. But not
tonight.

Oh yes, I've had a migraine since Friday, and my primary care doctor

wouldn't
prescribe Imitrex over the phone. Normally, that would be fine, but I

don't
drive anymore. So I get to have a throbbing headache that gets more and

less
intense depending on outside stimulus. I'll be seeing my Pulmonologist on
Thursday, and will get a prescription at that time.

DD is upset that her science teacher "hates her," so I have to call the
school in the morning and get to the bottom of that. (I expect that it's
related to her refusing to read aloud in class until her new eyeglasses
arrive) P/T D is upset that the boy who had been holding her books every

day
is now reusing to speak with her, and seems to have found another

girlfriend.
Both these things sound minor, but if you're fourteen or fifteen, this is

as
horrible as it gets.

The sink is full of dishes, which couldn't be washed without hot water,

there
are blankets all over the living room (since it was so darned cold, we

slept
in there). I'm not feeling well enough to clean tonight, so it's going to
have to stay messy for at least another couple of days.

I think I'll look at my new Beadwork Magazine and go to bed. Hopefully,
there won't be so much snow that school is cancelled tomorrow. I really,
really, don't want to deal with a bored child in my dirty house while I

have
such a headache.

Kathy N-V

Old January 28th 04, 10:13 AM
Marisa Cappetta

Sometimes the best thing that can be said for a day is that it ended! I hope
things turn a corner soon and you feel better. As for the bored child, being
the mother of a singleton as you are, I'll share my standard reply when DS
announces he's bored. "I've never been bored a single day in my life!!
Boredom is for the stupid and you are NOT stupid!" There is no real way to
argue with this. Even if he is not happy about it, he usually shuts up and
finds something constructive to do.

Stay warm, feel better soon Kathy.

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
http://www.galleryvittoria.com

Old January 28th 04, 01:29 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Only one thing to help with this..chocolate. Preferably in a mug, all hot
and milky with whipped cream and cinnamon sprinkled on top.

Hugs, my friend. This too shall pass!
--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Need web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com

"

Old January 28th 04, 03:30 PM
roxan

Oh Kathy you did have a terrible weekend. I sincerely hope things get better
for you. Makes you want to just stay in bed.
Roxan

Old January 28th 04, 03:59 PM
Beadbimbo

((((Kathy))))),

Ugh! I'm so sorry for all that's going on! I really feel for you with
the migraines, and poor hubby and his tooth. And I don't even want to
remember being 14!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old January 28th 04, 04:33 PM
Sjpolyclay

I'll share my standard reply when DS
announces he's bored. "I've never been bored a single day in my life!!
Boredom is for the stupid and you are NOT stupid!" There is no real way to
argue with this.

Marisa, you may be missing an opportunity. Try this, or a variation thereof:

"GREAT!!!! Bored people don't mind things like spending some time picking the
old grout out of the bathtub. Then, when its time to put the new grout IN, you
can tell me if you are still bored....."
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old January 28th 04, 10:48 PM
Kandice Seeber

Holy &%$#*!! Does it ever end?
(((((((((((((((((((Kathy&Family))))))))))))))))

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old January 28th 04, 11:45 PM
AmazeR

snip

I'll share my standard reply when DS
announces he's bored. "I've never been bored a single day in my life!!
Boredom is for the stupid and you are NOT stupid!" There is no real way to

snip

Oh, I like this one.. Must remember it for those chillybins..

Mavis