Night Window Tint

Old November 16th 04, 08:04 AM
Mal

Default Night Window Tint

Is therea window tint available where the neighbours can't see in at night.
We have the normal daytime tint and blinds but I was looking to scrap the
blinds but still let the light in during the day.
Our neighbours can look straight in the windows if we don't use the blinds.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Mal

Old November 16th 04, 04:05 PM
Mike Firth

No, there is nothing except hugely expensive Liquid Crystal windows. All
the the tint, including the mirror tint, will show what is inside if you
want to see what is outside. You might get automatic blinds that close when
the outside is darker. Cheaper than LC

--
Mike Firth
Hot Glass Bits Furnace Working Website

Old November 17th 04, 02:07 PM
Carol Cohen

"Mal" wrote in message ...
Is therea window tint available where the neighbours can't see in at night.
We have the normal daytime tint and blinds but I was looking to scrap the
blinds but still let the light in during the day.
Our neighbours can look straight in the windows if we don't use the blinds.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Mal

Some people in your situation use frosted glass (usually sandblasted
but there's a plastic film that mimics this surface and there are
several patterned colorless glass types too, such as Glue Chip) which
diffuses the light to the point that neighbors can see the motion (of
you walking around) but not identify exactly what. It can be rather
tantalizing in a bathroom window, though. Sort of like the
pixel-blurred parts of nudes on TV news.
But for a regular room window where you want to have the daytime view,
your best bet is still blinds or shades.

C.C.
Old December 19th 04, 01:45 AM
brey

You might try placing outdoor floods on the windows. Some window tinting
films on the market are only translucent when no light is available to
create a reflection on its surface. Others are not.

This would be cheap and easy to test out and might be a solution for you.
Strangely enough, it seems the higher end films are better at this.

I also can recomend "Lumisty" films from http://www.decorativefilm.com

These films are directional in nature. I have used this film in cases where
I wanted to look directly out the window but wanted the views from either
side oscured. Equally, another type of film can be placed to not allow a
direct view, but allow a view to each side. Its kinda cool.

I hope this help.