Gold Hobby Lead

Old December 11th 04, 06:41 PM
LCRREAD

Default Gold Hobby Lead

Where can I purchased a gold looking lead for the stained glass. I've seened
them around, and I only have the silver looking.

Old December 11th 04, 10:17 PM

you are probably seeing gold plated or brass came. any stained glass
shop should carry the brass came.

Old December 13th 04, 03:12 PM
colleen

Seems you might have to contact a supplier like Warner-Criv I have never
seen gold looking lead so good luck Colleen

Old December 14th 04, 04:03 PM
LCRREAD

Thank you. It looks gold, but it could be copper. I'll check into Warner
Criv.

Old December 17th 04, 08:11 PM
LCRREAD

I don't think it's copper. I have the black and copper stuff to put on the
lead. I'm pretty sure it looks gold. Does any body have information what I
can do? It would be my guessed that it must be a liquid for gold coloring too.

Thanks

Old December 18th 04, 01:00 AM
Steve

I don't remember thee original question, but here is a link to some brass
came.

You need to use a brass/gold paint pen to color the solder joints.

I do not remeber ever seeing any brass patina, so I think this will be your
only option.

Old December 18th 04, 01:07 AM
Steve

http://www.alpineglass.com/shop/prod.../id/50BRH316C/

I guess it would help to show you the link

nk.net...

Old December 18th 04, 07:29 PM
Bill Cademy

It was me. Just a couple of weeks ago I was asking after a brass patina. It
seems there used to be one, but it is no longer manufactured or carried by
anyone I can find. (I had done Google searches, found numerous links, but when
following them did not find anyone selling them.)

As to "gold colored came?" I suspect that it was brass. Yes, Alpine does sell
some -- they are one of the bigger stores in my city, and I have some here in my
home studio. I have resigned myself to using the gold paint-pen to color the
joints, and any foiling work that is included in those projects. The overall
effect is one of "gold" -- at least, good enough for display.

Steve wrote:

http://www.alpineglass.com/shop/prod.../id/50BRH316C/

I guess it would help to show you the link

nk.net...

"LCRREAD" wrote in message
I don't think it's copper. I have the black and copper stuff to put on the
lead. I'm pretty sure it looks gold. Does any body have information what I
can do? It would be my guessed that it must be a liquid for gold coloring
too.

Thanks

Gold and all its variations for findings Su/Cutworks Beads 24 September 20th 04 03:27 PM
Silver and Gold? Gemfyre Beads 9 June 11th 04 12:46 AM
dangers of lead kasfam Glass 16 December 25th 03 01:22 AM
Use of Brass Coated Lead Came Gloria Glass 3 August 19th 03 05:26 AM
Gold filled vs gold clasps CLP Beads 47 July 27th 03 04:34 AM