Using "favorite" fabric

Old September 1st 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Default Using "favorite" fabric

I just used the very last scrap of one of my favorite fabrics, a dog
print from Laurel Burch. I decided I would get more, because I love it
so much. After searching 54 pages on quiltshops.com, there was nary a
dog print to be found - I'm so bummed! There were plenty of other
animals, and tons of blenders, but...... no dogs. I think her fabric
lines must come and go quickly.
If anyone sees any Laurel Burch dog print fabric while you're surfing
around out there, can you give me a "heads up"? TIA.

Patti in Seattle

Old September 1st 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Email Paul at equilter. He will look for it for you. he may have some that
isn't on his site any longer. he has done so for me before.
HTH
Butterfly

Old September 1st 07, 05:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Patti, I would explain the economics of this if I knew anything about it -
but you *do* realize that quiltshops.com only represents *some* online
stores. There are a gazillion others who are not affiliated. So.
Therefore. Go to your search engine, is that what it's called? My personal
favorite is WebCrawler because it has always given me what I'm hunting
without assaulting my delicate sensibilities with blasting ads and useless
junk. I typed in ' Laurel Burch quilt dog fabric' and got 94 suggestions.
One of them might be just what you're yearning for. The first one up was
the Cotton-Picking Place. A new one (to me) but might be just the one.
Polly

Old September 1st 07, 09:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Thanks Butterfly, I'll do that. In my quest, I have found out the fabric
line is "retired"... so, I'm not holding my breath.

Patti in Seattle

Old September 1st 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Thank you, Polly. I usually use Google, but I'll try yours. Google
brought up a bunch of stuff on Ebay, which I've never used, and don't
care to try at this time. I'll try your method, I may get lucky!

Patti in Seatte

Old September 1st 07, 09:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Thanks Sandy...... I'll take a look at your links and see if it's what
I'm looking for. The one I "really" want has a deep, black background
and smallish (1" to 2.5") brightly colord dogs and dots, and a little
metallic. This will teach me. Next time I *love* a fabric, buy LOTS!

Patti in Seattle

(Sandy*Ellison) wrote:
Howdy!
Which LB dogs?
http://equilter.com/
http://www.pmquilting.com/SearchResults.asp
http://www.cotton-picking.com/LaurelBurch.htm
http://www.quiltscapes.com/Fabric/cats/cats02.htm
..and many moooooooooore... .
Happy Hunting!
R/Sandy

Old September 1st 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Sep 1, 11:21?am, (Patti S) wrote:
I just used the very last scrap of one of my favorite fabrics, a dog
print from Laurel Burch. I decided I would get more, because I love it
so much. After searching 54 pages on quiltshops.com, there was nary a
dog print to be found - I'm so bummed! There were plenty of other
animals, and tons of blenders, but...... no dogs. I think her fabric
lines must come and go quickly.
If anyone sees any Laurel Burch dog print fabric while you're surfing
around out there, can you give me a "heads up"? TIA.

Patti in Seattle

check missingfabrics.com

rusty

Old September 2nd 07, 12:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lotsoflavender

Hi Patti,
this is the link for my search on Google Australia. When you do your search
in www.Google.com, it predominately searches the US sites first, with
www.Google.com.au I can make a choice to search Australian sites first and
the UK is probably the same....our UK friends would be able to set me
straight on that. So this link is the Aussie sites that are carrying Laurel
Burch fabrics. Here's hoping that someone has a bolt of it tucked away
somewhere.

http://www.google.com.au/search?num=...cr%3DcountryAU

Wendy in NSW