No quilting for awhile.

Old August 31st 07, 02:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Torrens

Default No quilting for awhile.

http://www.terrelldesigns.com/
Check out the roman blinds on this site! I made one for our bedroom. A
good way to combine piecing with window coverings!

--
Susan in Kingston ON
back to quilting, as usual
"John" wrote in message
ps.com...
As some of you may know, We had 22 windows installed in the house and,
she who must be obeyed has,"suggested", that now would be a good time
to make new curtains for most of the house. Lined curtains, that is.
Sooo, No more quilting till that is finished. I will be still sewing
on the straight and narrow, but in a slightly different medium. Or as
I said to her; "Looks like it's curtains for me".
Ok, I couldn't help myself with that one.

John

Old August 31st 07, 02:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Gosh, these could really tempt a person with windows!!!
And I thoroughly dislike making curtains etc. Could these cure me I
wonder?!! They're beautiful.
..
In message , Susan Torrens
writes
http://www.terrelldesigns.com/
Check out the roman blinds on this site! I made one for our bedroom. A
good way to combine piecing with window coverings!

--
Susan in Kingston ON
back to quilting, as usual
http://community.webshots.com/user/sbtinkingston

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 31st 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly

On Aug 31, 2:13 pm, "Susan Torrens" wrote:
http://www.terrelldesigns.com/
Check out the roman blinds on this site! I made one for our bedroom. A
good way to combine piecing with window coverings!

--
Susan in Kingston ON
back to quilting, as usualhttp://community.webshots.com/user/sbtinkingston"John" wrote in message

ps.com...

As some of you may know, We had 22 windows installed in the house and,
she who must be obeyed has,"suggested", that now would be a good time
to make new curtains for most of the house. Lined curtains, that is.
Sooo, No more quilting till that is finished. I will be still sewing
on the straight and narrow, but in a slightly different medium. Or as
I said to her; "Looks like it's curtains for me".
Ok, I couldn't help myself with that one.

John

Wow what a brilliant idea! Elly

Old August 31st 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Susan Torrens" wrote:

http://www.terrelldesigns.com/
Check out the roman blinds on this site! I made one for our bedroom. A
good way to combine piecing with window coverings!

--
Susan in Kingston ON
back to quilting, as usual
http://community.webshots.com/user/sbtinkingston

Wow! Those are amazing! I wonder ....

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old August 31st 07, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Roberta Zollner" wrote:

I'm with you, Elly. Guilt-free window coverings. Last house, we installed
vertical blinds and nothing else. Controlled light and privacy, no fuss.
Sadly, they wouldn't look right in this house (fake Bavarian farmhouse).
Curtains are easy but mind-deadening to sew!
Roberta in D

That's what we have right now, Roberta! Vertical blinds on all of the
windows, nothing else. I love them.

Old August 31st 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default Curtains No quilting for awhile.

Howdy!

I've made curtains so often, just the simple kind, a hem in the
bottom, a hem in the top w/ a little hem above that.
For our front room I got extra yardage of quilting fabrics, fell in
love w/ the colors & prints, and did the simple "window treatments".
http://tinyurl.com/37jhmu
Before that I had hemmed some cutwork tablecloths (also on sale,
as was the quilt fabric) and hung those for curtains (had several
friends ask "where'd you get the custom drapes?!" g).
I'm tired of the curtains in our bedroom so I've found some more
tablecloths to hem & hang. As soon as I paint a lighter shade of
yellow on the walls, those new "curtains" will be installed. ;-)
I don't sew much on the machine, but I can hem w/ the best of 'em!
W/ the curtains partly open &/or furniture in front of them, it doesn't
even matter if the hemming is very-very straight. LOL

R/Sandy-- curtains-shmertans: I need more time for quilting
(curtains on the north & east sides of this house don't need
thick lining; windows on the west *hot* side of the house
are shaded by shrubbery)

On 8/31/07 7:05 AM, in article , "Roberta Zollner"
wrote:

I'm with you, Elly. Guilt-free window coverings. Last house, we installed
vertical blinds and nothing else. Controlled light and privacy, no fuss.
Sadly, they wouldn't look right in this house (fake Bavarian farmhouse).
Curtains are easy but mind-deadening to sew!
Roberta in D

"Elly" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
ups.com...
On Aug 30, 9:54 pm, John wrote:
As some of you may know, We had 22 windows installed in the house and,
she who must be obeyed has,"suggested", that now would be a good time
to make new curtains for most of the house. Lined curtains, that is.
Sooo, No more quilting till that is finished. I will be still sewing
on the straight and narrow, but in a slightly different medium. Or as
I said to her; "Looks like it's curtains for me".
Ok, I couldn't help myself with that one.

John

I've made curtains in my time. Beautifully made if I say so
myself ..But I got fed up of them after a short time so what was
the point in all that work! Same pointlessness in buying expensive
curtains. Or getting them made.
My current living room curtains are cheepos from Ikea which came with
a fusible web for adjusting! They look just fine and when I get sick
of them... I can just buy some more with out feeling guilty!
Elly

Old September 1st 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Wow!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

"Irrational Number" wrote in message
John wrote:
I said to her; "Looks like it's curtains for me".
Ok, I couldn't help myself with that one.

If you have some free time, here are some gorgeous
window coverings:

http://www.terrelldesigns.com/galleries-quiltblock.htm

nayy

-- Anita --

Old September 1st 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
- dlm.

OMGoodness, Sandy! I *love* the quilt on the chair with all those luscious
shades of coffee ( or would that be chocolate ; ) ). Great idea to make
your window treatments out of different fabrics.

- dlm. in central MA 'who has been given inspiration to complete her
"Double Shot of Espresso, Please" quilt '

Old September 1st 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
- dlm.

Wishing you lots of fun sewing your new window treatments!

- dlm. in central MA

It's been awhile Queen of Squishies Quilting 4 March 2nd 06 01:26 AM
It's been awhile Sandy Foster Quilting 0 February 27th 06 05:41 PM
It's been awhile Patti Quilting 0 February 27th 06 03:15 PM
OT -- going away for awhile Karen in MN Yarn 6 January 10th 05 07:36 AM
OT- Gone for awhile muse9 Quilting 14 October 24th 04 09:31 PM