New York Beauty quilt block ????

Old September 23rd 04, 01:17 PM
Kris

Default New York Beauty quilt block ????

Hi All,
A while back I printed out template/patterns for a New York Beauty (
or possibly call lady libberty ). I have just searched the
blockcewntral.com & the quilterscache.com web site & don't see any mention
of the New York Beauty block. I wanted to print out more of the templates.
I did the arched pointed sections in a paper pieced method. & cut the other
two sections out seperately.
Can anyone help me find a web site of quilt blocks that includes the New
York beauty block? Am I using the correct name in searching for it?
Thanks in advance.

Kris ( in northern Virginia - who is on my way into the city
Washington DC to go to the new American Indian museum and to the bead
museum- yeah )

Old September 23rd 04, 06:06 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Kris" wrote:

Hi All,
A while back I printed out template/patterns for a New York Beauty (
or possibly call lady libberty ). I have just searched the
blockcewntral.com & the quilterscache.com web site & don't see any mention
of the New York Beauty block. I wanted to print out more of the templates.
I did the arched pointed sections in a paper pieced method. & cut the other
two sections out seperately.
Can anyone help me find a web site of quilt blocks that includes the New
York beauty block? Am I using the correct name in searching for it?
Thanks in advance.

Kris ( in northern Virginia - who is on my way into the city
Washington DC to go to the new American Indian museum and to the bead
museum- yeah )

Kris, I know I've seen that somewhere online, but can I find it now?
Nope. Sorry.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old September 23rd 04, 08:55 PM
nzl*

http://images.google.com/images?sour...k+beauty+block
result page in google images has a few, one of them is bound to work for ya,
eh.
what? another beader. you guys are taking over on here, lol.
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

Old September 23rd 04, 09:10 PM
Diana Curtis

Now, now... we can all play nicely together. What are quilts but fabric
with lots of holes in them...and what are beads but very cold, shiney..
um... well. .they do work well together sometimes.
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.

Old September 23rd 04, 10:06 PM
frood

Kris, try the QNM site. I have a bunch of photocopied NYB blocks that I got
from that magazine. I can't remember the date of the issue, but it's been a
few years.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old September 24th 04, 02:18 AM
Jeri

Kris wrote:
Hi All,
A while back I printed out template/patterns for a New York
Beauty ( or possibly call lady libberty ). I have just searched
the blockcewntral.com & the quilterscache.com web site & don't see
any mention of the New York Beauty block. I wanted to print out
more of the templates. I did the arched pointed sections in a paper
pieced method. & cut the other two sections out seperately.
Can anyone help me find a web site of quilt blocks that includes
the New York beauty block? Am I using the correct name in
searching for it? Thanks in advance.

This site has quite a few different NY Beauty patterns.
http://www.lenzula.de/Nyb/

Old September 24th 04, 04:29 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Jeri" wrote:

Kris wrote:
Hi All,
A while back I printed out template/patterns for a New York
Beauty ( or possibly call lady libberty ). I have just searched
the blockcewntral.com & the quilterscache.com web site & don't see
any mention of the New York Beauty block. I wanted to print out
more of the templates. I did the arched pointed sections in a paper
pieced method. & cut the other two sections out seperately.
Can anyone help me find a web site of quilt blocks that includes
the New York beauty block? Am I using the correct name in
searching for it? Thanks in advance.

This site has quite a few different NY Beauty patterns.
http://www.lenzula.de/Nyb/

Wow! Those are some seriously gorgeous patterns! Thanks!
Old September 24th 04, 09:22 PM
nzl*

brilliant site, wonder how come i've not seen this one before, hmmmmm.
just looking at those diff configs of block. could you use folded triangles
inserted into the seam for some of those points, hmmm.
i need to study those a bit closer i think, thanks again, jeri.
jeanne
--

Kris wrote:
Hi All,
A while back I printed out template/patterns for a New York
Beauty ( or possibly call lady libberty ). I have just searched
the blockcewntral.com & the quilterscache.com web site & don't see
any mention of the New York Beauty block. I wanted to print out
more of the templates. I did the arched pointed sections in a paper
pieced method. & cut the other two sections out seperately.
Can anyone help me find a web site of quilt blocks that includes
the New York beauty block? Am I using the correct name in
searching for it? Thanks in advance.

"Jeri" wrote...

Old September 25th 04, 02:10 AM
Mardi

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 08:17:25 -0400, "Kris"
wrote:

Hi All,
A while back I printed out template/patterns for a New York Beauty (
or possibly call lady libberty ). I have just searched the
blockcewntral.com & the quilterscache.com web site & don't see any mention
of the New York Beauty block. I wanted to print out more of the templates.
I did the arched pointed sections in a paper pieced method. & cut the other
two sections out seperately.
Can anyone help me find a web site of quilt blocks that includes the New
York beauty block? Am I using the correct name in searching for it?
Thanks in advance.

Kris ( in northern Virginia - who is on my way into the city
Washington DC to go to the new American Indian museum and to the bead
museum- yeah )

If you want to get into New York Beauty blocks, I highly recommend the
book Radiant New York Beauties: 14 Paper-Pieced Quilt Projects by
Valori Wells. Beautiful quilts and very good directions and
templates. That's what I am going to use when I do my first New York
Beauty quilt. It was well worth the money.

Mardi

Real e-mail address spelled out to prevent spam. kate at mardiweb dot com.
____________________

My Quilting page: http://www.mardiweb.com/quilts/MardiQuilts.html
Paint Shop Pro tutorials: http://www.mardiweb.com/web
Low-Fat Lifestyle Forum: http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat
Old September 25th 04, 12:12 PM
Kris

Hi,
Thanks so much for finding this site. it's just what I was looking for.
I printed out one copy of each bl;ock, just in case this site disappears
( like the other site did).
Thanks again.

Kris ( in northern Virginia)

Kris wrote:
Hi All,
A while back I printed out template/patterns for a New York
Beauty ( or possibly call lady libberty ). I have just searched
the blockcewntral.com & the quilterscache.com web site & don't see
any mention of the New York Beauty block. I wanted to print out
more of the templates. I did the arched pointed sections in a paper
pieced method. & cut the other two sections out seperately.
Can anyone help me find a web site of quilt blocks that includes
the New York beauty block? Am I using the correct name in
searching for it? Thanks in advance.

"Jeri" wrote...
This site has quite a few different NY Beauty patterns.
http://www.lenzula.de/Nyb/

Haunted Christmas Quilt Nbhilyard Quilting 2 June 18th 11 05:04 PM
HUGs & Blocks from Newbies :-) Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 6 April 18th 04 03:44 PM
Returned Quilt -- What to do with it?? Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 20 March 8th 04 07:55 PM
Hat quilt block Julia in MN Quilting 4 January 7th 04 02:44 PM
OK, you've finished the quilt, now what to do with the scraps? Have fun! QUILTKITTY Quilting 12 January 6th 04 06:48 PM