I won a ribbon!

Old September 2nd 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default I won a ribbon!

In article ,
"teleflora" wrote:

http://community.webshots.com/user/cindypucci

Cindy, both of your quilts are great! That little one with the ribbon on
it is especially so -- it's hard to get tiny points so crisp, and your
quilting is in perfect scale to the piecing. Congratulations!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old September 2nd 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Good job I'm not trying to catch up, Pati g
One will do me just fine - as and when!
Now you have a photo place, we'll be able to see yours, so that's
terrific.
..
In message , Pati C. writes
And my first one is just less than a quarter quilted. I've started a
second one and need to get back to it.

Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 2nd 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. This is why it has always been so
hard for me to enter a competition. Because all of you and my guild members
are just so darn complementary. I didn't think I could take a "mean" judge.

Plus, I've never entered because I don't think that competition necessarily
brings out the best in folks. People are already complaining that some
people got special treatment, some were deliberately placed into "favorable"
catagories. You know, the usual.

I say bring your quilts we'll hang them up and enjoy the heck out of them.
Everybody's a winner.

Cindy

Old September 2nd 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Torrens

Congratulations on your well deserved ribbon. Thanks for providing a taste
of your quilt show!

--
Susan in Kingston ON
back to quilting, as usual
"teleflora" wrote in message
I was stunned that I won a ribbon for this little quilt. I woke up at 5
last Saturday. We were taking in quilts for the show for this weekend and

knew I was going to be stressed and I fell awake waaaaay too early.

It's not like me to start sewing that early. I've stayed up that late
sewing, but I am NOT a morning person.

Anyway, for some reason, this quilt was calling me. I started it a year

ago
and had yet to sew the binding on. So I got it out and finished it.

We took in quilts from 9 till 3 and had 169 quilts. I entered all the
information as we went along. Got behind because people WOULD not quit
talking to me :-), and ended up lugging 35 quilts home with me because I
couldn't remove the paperwork from the quilt. Got done entering all that
information into Access on Saturday night.

I spent all day Sunday ( my birthday!) merging the information into a Word
document, and cutting and pasting it into a Publisher document because
that's what the printer people insist on.

Had it to the printers by noon on Monday (that was the stress part). They
finished the booklet at 4 o'clock Friday afternoon.

Judging was on Thursday afternoon and Friday. I got to sit in and scribe
for the judge for awhile. Most interesting and informative.

We set up for the quilt show all day Friday - one of my favorite days of

the
year. I get to handle every quilt because I do the hang tags and insist

on
placing them myself.

Our show started at 9 this morning and I was at the auditorium at 7. I
finally left at 4. I found the show chair and said, "I'm tired and going
home. I know everyone else is tired too, but my give-a-damner is broke,

so
I'm leaving."

The show also runs tomorrow from 1 - 4, but there are plenty of people to
help, so I won't be going in.

We had a dozen vendors and I did my part to make sure they come back.
Bought a couple of kits, some fabric from a woman who owns Nana's

Pretties.
She travels the quilt show circuit - she's from Oregon. We kept asking

her
via email when she said she'd like to come - you do know we are in

Pittsburg
KANSAS, right? People get confused. I bought one of those magnetic
pincushions that somehow straightens all your pins so they lay across the
little ditch and are easy to pick up. Bought a bunch of hand dyed fabric.
Couple of books.

Came home, ate, and slept for 3 hours. Waiting for my pills to kick in so

can go back to sleep and I am going to play all day tomorrow.

Anyway, if you want to see my quilts and a couple others from the show,
here's the link

http://community.webshots.com/user/cindypucci

They are in the Quilt Show folder.

Cindy

Old September 2nd 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Hold onto that attitude Cindy, come what may - and it will g
..
In message , teleflora
writes

Old September 3rd 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

That's the way my guild does it, too.

Julia in MN
Pati C. wrote:
Congratulations. Great little quilt.

Understand about the stress.... one reason our local show requires entry
forms with a pic of the quilt, even unfinished, but in progress, due
more than a month before the show. G Also lets the layout person
figure out which quilt will hang where. Easier to adjust for no-show
entries that way. (of course we usually have well over 300 quilts to
display, too.)

Looks like a great show.

teleflora wrote:
I was stunned that I won a ribbon for this little quilt. I woke up at
5 last Saturday. We were taking in quilts for the show for this
weekend and I knew I was going to be stressed and I fell awake waaaaay
[...]

in so I can go back to sleep and I am going to play all day tomorrow.

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Won A Ribbon! Melissa in NJ Quilting 20 January 24th 07 03:43 PM
I Won a Ribbon! Melissa in NJ Quilting 17 January 17th 05 05:06 PM
Ribbon Pam Rubberstamps 0 March 4th 04 12:10 PM
I Won a Ribbon!!!!!! MelissaInNJ Quilting 28 February 18th 04 09:22 PM
My first ribbon Musicmaker Quilting 31 August 4th 03 02:55 AM