Using "favorite" fabric

Old September 2nd 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Default Using "favorite" fabric

Thank you, Wendy! Never thought of looking in another country.... lol.
"Braves Fan" found exactly what I was looking for, but I'm going to save
your seach link, just in case.

Patti in Seattle

From: (Lotsoflavender) wrote:
Hi Patti,
this is the link for my search on Google Australia. When you do your
search in
www.Google.com, it predominately searches the US sites first,
with www.Google.com.au I can make a choice to search Australian sites
first and the UK is probably the same....our UK friends would be able to
set me straight on that. So this link is the Aussie sites that are
carrying Laurel Burch fabrics. Here's hoping that someone has a bolt of
it tucked away somewhere.
http://www.google.com.au/search?num=...cr%3DcountryAU
Wendy in NSW

Old September 2nd 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

I'm so glad Braves found your fabric and thank you for letting us know of
the success. Ahhhhh, yes. That's good. Polly

Old September 3rd 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers[_3_]

Lotsoflavender wrote:
Hi Patti,
this is the link for my search on Google Australia. When you do your search
in www.Google.com, it predominately searches the US sites first, with
www.Google.com.au I can make a choice to search Australian sites first and
the UK is probably the same....our UK friends would be able to set me
straight on that. So this link is the Aussie sites that are carrying Laurel
Burch fabrics. Here's hoping that someone has a bolt of it tucked away
somewhere.

yup, there is google.co.uk, if you don't select uk sites only the result
s are different to what google.com gives, I'm not quite sure what
algorithm they use, bizarrely, I've been known to be unable to find a US
based site from google.com for it to be near the to on google.co.uk. I
wish google.com had a restrict to US sites, as a couple of thing I've
been looking to mailorder recently came up with a mix of UK and US sites
when I only wanted US ones.

Cheers
Anne