Storm @ Sea vs. Shakespeare in the Park

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 8th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Darlene in Pa

Default Storm @ Sea vs. Shakespeare in the Park

I don't post often, but I thought you all might like to know what
I've gone and done. I was following the thread on the S@S design, and
followed a link to view some. Beautiful, and I've wanted to do one for
a while. I went to the link to get coloring pages for S@S, printed many
8x11 pages, and worked with colored pencils on about 4 different color
ways with different aspects of the design being accented. It was lots
of fun!! I couldn't make up my mind which one to do.
Then, I followed a link to the Shakespeare in the Park. Well! I
ordered the book last Friday(29th), got it on Monday(2nd), and went
fabric shopping on Thursday. Friday I started to cut, and got the cream
strips cut. Saturday was my "friendship group" quilter get together,
and I cut the blue strips. Last night I subcut all the blue pieces, and
this afternoon I started the subcuts for the cream. Judy Martin's
instructions don't use short cuts, and since it's design is scrappy,
I'm going by her directions. Onesy-twosy. I love the original quilt
shown so much that I tried to duplicate the types of fabrics they used.
Lots of various prints, and some florals, etc. I usually lean toward
Batiks, so this is a departure for me, both in the fabrics and the
assembly. Now look at what you guys have started here! And me with a
list of ufo's as long as my arm. Maybe by the time i have this
finished, the wall elves will have returned my digital camera so I can
post a picture! Darlene in Pa