student quilt - finished yahooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old August 22nd 03, 03:33 AM
Pat in Virginia

Default student quilt - finished yahooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo Hoo! Doing a Happy Dance to Brahm's Lullaby. You earned a few
brownie points helping this couple Larisa.
PAT in VA/USA

CNYstitcher wrote:

Well, as difficult as it was to stretch the top and batting and backing
all out with the moving growth that is inhabiting my abdominal region,
everything got put together.

I got it all stitched up and started doing some quick tying (just enough
to keep everything from moving all over the place) when my student
called to say she was on her way, and, could her DH come along as well.
Apparently his helath and the way things have been going have gotten
him in a depression, and he didn't want to stay at home alone. Not a
problem, he and my DH chatted for a while before disappearing into the
basement to watch football sigh and try to keep the 3yo out of trouble.

The quilt is officially finished...stitched, birthed, pressed, and
tied...it looks GREAT!!! both she and I are terribly impressed with how
it turned out, and she is taking it to work tomorrow to show her
coworkers, then back home to wash, dry, and iron it in preparation for
deilvery to the grandbaby on Monday.

Thanks for all the advice everyone!!

Larisa

Old August 22nd 03, 04:17 AM
Butterfly

GOOD on DH for disappearing with the other DH--maybe that is what HE
needed : )
Double good on theh quilt and the way it turned out ; )
NOW give yourself a day of pampering before you start another thing....
kinda like shifting gears here ; )
love
MomII

Old August 22nd 03, 12:19 PM
CNYstitcher

Thanks Mom, I have a simple tank top sitting on the sewing table
(shoulder seams, side seams, then some simple finishing) that I might
get to today, as well as some playing with quilt blocks. I also need to
return some floss to JoAnns and pick up some fabric for sashing..and
hairspray for DH, then nothing for the rest of the day...think I',
finally going to finish going through the grocery coupons and get them
all sorted out and ready to go after payday.

Larisa