OT - eBay fees?

Old March 24th 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Default OT - eBay fees?

Has anyone heard about eBay raising their seller's fees?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
If you know how to use it,
life is long enough.

Old March 24th 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

On Mar 24, 10:18 am, "Karen, Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @
mchsi.com wrote:
Has anyone heard about eBay raising their seller's fees?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
If you know how to use it,
life is long enough.
- Seneca

Yes, it was all over a couple weeks back. I guess there was some sort
of boycott by smaller sellers. It's continuing the slide of Ebay from
a small person-to-person "garage sale" to a place for big business.

Sunny
Old March 24th 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Its always been big business! It is pretty much world wide (big) ... and it
makes money for the owners (business!)
PAT in VA/USA

Old March 25th 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Well, maybe not when it was a pez swap on craigslist....

But it went to heck awfully fast, after that.

NightMist

mchsi.com wrote:
Has anyone heard about eBay raising their seller's fees?

Yes, it was all over a couple weeks back. I guess there was some sort
of boycott by smaller sellers. It's continuing the slide of Ebay from
a small person-to-person "garage sale" to a place for big business.

Sunny

--

Nothing has been the same since that house fell on my sister.
Old March 25th 08, 03:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

On Mar 24, 1:18*pm, "Karen, Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ mchsi.com
wrote:
Has anyone heard about eBay raising their seller's fees?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
If you know how to use it,
life is long enough.
- Seneca

That's too bad. I had a virtual garage sale last spring, and it was
fun. But some things
I sold were so small, it may not be worth it anymore if seller fees
are too high. Postage has gone up too; I hate to ask a huge shipping
fee for a dinky little item.

Sherry
Old March 25th 08, 05:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

It seems to me that they want to discourage virtual garage sales. By
raising seller fees Ebay is sending a pretty clear message that they
only want the business of professionals, not us little people.

Sunny

Old March 25th 08, 11:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Well ppphhhbbbtttttt on them. I am about to become a professional little
people person.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
If you know how to use it,
life is long enough.

It seems to me that they want to discourage virtual garage sales. By
raising seller fees Ebay is sending a pretty clear message that they
only want the business of professionals, not us little people.

Sunny

100% FREE - NO FEES - BLUJAY - ECRATER - CRAIGSLIST gojody Marketplace 0 August 17th 07 09:41 AM
Pottery Barn and delivery fees kr0 Pottery 0 March 1st 06 05:19 AM
Ebay fees question Candace Beads 60 October 29th 04 12:19 PM