Triple Happy Dance!

Old November 11th 09, 02:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Triple Happy Dance!

Finished the cat Santa for my sister early last week, did a quick
Christmas stitch from Cedarberry Stitches (Up and Away) and last
night, I finished Edwina Gorey - which makes finish #3 in the last
week! AND I even picked up my Laura Perin Mardi Gras and did a bit on
it.

Of course, stitching so much, I didn't take pictures yet, but will
tonight.

I'm on a roll!

linda

Old November 11th 09, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

wrote:
Finished the cat Santa for my sister early last week, did a quick
Christmas stitch from Cedarberry Stitches (Up and Away) and last
night, I finished Edwina Gorey - which makes finish #3 in the last
week! AND I even picked up my Laura Perin Mardi Gras and did a bit on
it.

Of course, stitching so much, I didn't take pictures yet, but will
tonight.

I'm on a roll!

linda

Woo-hooo!!!!!
You certainly ARE on a roll!

I'm on a bit of a roll myself. Finished four ornament tops in the past
week or so (a Margaret Sherry cat and three motifs from Emie Bishop's
"Christmas Quilts"), and have started to assemble kits for finishing
them up. But that finishing work will wait until next week. I have
travel plans for the weekend that involve some small travel stitching,
so I've already begun those projects with an eye toward getting them far
enough along that they won't take a lot of thinking as I travel/visit.

That, and started the new book by Mary Monica this a.m. That'll be
lovely travel reading, too!

The one thing I didn't prepare for this trip is catching DH's nasty head
cold/cough. I'm working hard to keep it at bay, with lots of strong,
clear tea, hot showers, and my trusty Fisherman's Friends!

Sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
Old November 11th 09, 06:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/11/09 10:34 AM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"

[...]

Another busy girl - where is travel taking you?

That, and started the new book by Mary Monica this a.m. That'll be
lovely travel reading, too!

Hmm - forgot to ask the library to get that

The one thing I didn't prepare for this trip is catching DH's nasty head
cold/cough. I'm working hard to keep it at bay, with lots of strong,
clear tea, hot showers, and my trusty Fisherman's Friends!

Sue

I was handing out FF to all the Dads at hockey practice - most hated the
taste too much to really give a try, but those who did, are converts.

Cheryl

Old November 12th 09, 03:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

Karen C - Calif wrote:
Karen C - Calif wrote:

wrote:

Laura Perin Mardi Gras

Sounds like one for Tia Mary. Off to google up a photo for myself, too.

http://laurajperindesigns.tripod.com/id21.htm

Sure does't look like Mardi Gras to me!! No-one in the Big Easy would
guess that, either. Mardi Gras colors are purple, green and gold.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans
Old November 12th 09, 12:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Karen C - Calif wrote:
wrote:

Laura Perin Mardi Gras
Sounds like one for Tia Mary. Off to google up a photo for myself,
too.
http://laurajperindesigns.tripod.com/id21.htm

Sure does't look like Mardi Gras to me!! No-one in the Big Easy would
guess that, either. Mardi Gras colors are purple, green and gold.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

I thought maybe it was just my monitor, but if you don't see those
colors, either.....

I was looking for the colors and totally missed the piece! I've only
been up for about 30 min. and my vision is still a bit wonky this AM so
reading the itty bitty titles was a no-go :-). CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old November 12th 09, 12:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 11/11/09 8:59 PM, in article , "Karen C
- Calif" wrote:

Karen C - Calif wrote:

wrote:

Laura Perin Mardi Gras

Sounds like one for Tia Mary. Off to google up a photo for myself, too.

http://laurajperindesigns.tripod.com/id21.htm

Oh I wish I hadn't looked. I want "cut glass dishes" for sentimental
reasons. My grandmother collected cut glass and so do I. And I'd love to do
the Odd Fellows piece for my uncle - an Odd Fellow.

Old November 12th 09, 12:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Oh I wish I hadn't looked. I want "cut glass dishes" for sentimental
reasons. My grandmother collected cut glass and so do I. And I'd love to do
the Odd Fellows piece for my uncle - an Odd Fellow.

I thought the Oddfellows had packed up years ago. However, Google pulls
up several sites that show that they are very active. It's amazing how
many of these old-fashioned Friendly Societies (such as the Rechabites)
still thrive even in these days of financial difficulties.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old November 12th 09, 01:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

- Calif" wrote:
Karen C - Calif wrote:

wrote:

*Laura Perin Mardi Gras

Sounds like one for Tia Mary. *Off to google up a photo for myself, too.

http://laurajperindesigns.tripod.com/id21.htm

Oh I wish I hadn't looked. I want "cut glass dishes" for sentimental
reasons. My grandmother collected cut glass and so do I. And I'd love to do
the Odd Fellows piece for my uncle - an Odd Fellow.

Let me enable a bit more . . . Laura's pieces stitch up very
quickly. I even have some 18 count mono I could send you!

(laughing evilly as she strolls away. . .)

linda

Happy, Happy Dance - Finished How Great Nancy Needlework 28 May 5th 09 08:27 PM
triple happy dance Ms P Quilting 15 November 26th 07 08:06 PM
Triple happy dance Jessamy Quilting 16 February 13th 06 01:16 PM
Join my Triple Irish Chain Happy Dance! sdgodfrey Quilting 21 January 17th 06 04:23 PM
Happy, happy, happy, ECSTATIC dance! Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen Needlework 2 July 29th 05 12:08 AM