Get the ads out!

Old August 10th 09, 10:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Get the ads out!

OK - a troll has posted a very disgusting link and title to the google
groups page. Help get rid of it - post a new topic!

linda
Old August 11th 09, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Aug 10, 9:08*pm, "Olwyn.Mary" wrote:
wrote:
OK - a troll has posted a very disgusting link and title to the google
groups page. *Help get rid of it - post a new topic!

linda

In order not to see the bulk of the ads, it is necessary to move towards
the next step in computing. *Quite a number of us here have (1)
downloaded Mozilla Thunderbird - a free program, then (2) downloaded and
signed up for news.eternal-september.org., another free program

If you do this, 90% of the ads and the spam will be filtered out before
it even reaches your mailbox

You don't have to give up anything with this, I still maintain my AOL
address because I have had it for so many years, and all my friends and
family know me by that; however, I do find downloading stuff is often
easier and faster with Mozilla Firefox which is a companion program to
Thunderbird, also a non-profit group and also free.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Oh, I know I could do it, but I have read at the site for years and
kind of like it.
Old August 11th 09, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

wrote:
[...]

In that case, stop complaining about it!

Olwyn Mary n New Orleans- Hide quoted text -

Well, blpth!

It's as much a way to get you guys to "talk" as anything! And what's
a day without *something* to whine about?! (VBEG)

linda
Old August 11th 09, 05:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

wrote:
[...]

To quote from an old song "It's your party and you can whine if you want
to."