Real Stamping Issues - Stamping Techniques

Old May 1st 08, 02:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
[email protected]

Default Real Stamping Issues - Stamping Techniques

Okay so am I the only one that is getting tired of those by this watch
at a discount rate and all of those emails?

I want to generate some chatter amongst the stampers so. . . . here we
go.

I am participating a swap right now and it is a technique swap. You
have to use either prisma pencils or chalk pencils.

So which do you prefer? Prisma colored pencils or chalk pencils? I
am having a real difficult time with this. I usually don't but here I
am struggling. Arggh I hate that.

So what would you do?

Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
Angel #1754
Team Leader of the
Hot 'n Flashy Angelettes
North Branch, MN
http://missy.ismyangel.net

Check out my website for some exciting stamps and accessories. Just
when you think you can't find the right thing, here you go. Enjoy and
contact me when you are ready to check it out.
Old May 1st 08, 02:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

Oops I was logged in under my bosses account so that seldoncaswell is
me Missy Olson. I am so sorry guys.

Old May 7th 08, 11:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Tom and Karen Brooks

I've never used either. I imagine that chalk pencils are similar to regular
pencils but create a chalky look. For some reason I never have good luck
coloring with pencils. Maybe you could share your techniques with us.

Kare

Old May 9th 08, 03:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

Hi Kare,

The chalk pencils are similar to prisma colored pencils or what ever
type you have. All you do is outline your picture and with a q-tip
you pull the color in and the outside stays darker and you get an
awesome blended color. Clear as mud? Yea I know you have to see it
to believe it. I love the chalk pencils, less mess and all of the
fun. Ha ha ha ha

I have a real hard time with the colored pencils, like the water
colors, but then I can get a blended look and well in my head it looks
like I know what I am doing.

What do you use?

Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
Angel #1754
Team Leader of the
Hot 'n Flashy Angelettes
North Branch, MN
http://missy.ismyangel.net

Check out my website for some exciting stamps and accessories. Just
when you think you can't find the right thing, here you go. Enjoy
and
contact me when you are ready to check it out.

Old May 9th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
stampingmaniac

I've never used the Prisma pencils, and have only used chalk pencils
once at a workshop during a stamp convention. I have a palette of
chalk squares that I have used on occasion, though. I tend to use
markers over chalks for most of the coloring I do (and have dabbled
with the Twinkling H2Os a couple of times, too), but for some things,
the softness of chalk is just what the image calls for.

As an aside, I have in-progress cards for both of you (Missy & Kare)
sitting in my craft room. Baby stuff and spring gardening (taking
advantage of the sunny days in between spring rains) and the usual
housework have kept me out of the craft room, but I hope to get them
out soon!!!!!

--Barbara aka. Stamping Maniac
Old May 10th 08, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Wave Jumper[_2_]

It looks like I've missed some of the conversations on this group lately.
Wonder what happened that they didn't show up. Hmmm...

Question: Do any of you know what the liquid is called that you can use with
Prisma pencils to blend them? I've never used it but have heard it's like
turpentine but not smelly. You color with the pencils and then brush this
liquid on top I guess.

I love my pastel palette and bought some chalk pencils last year but haven't
used them yet (have to have all the toys, don't we?). I do lots of my cards
with markers, rubbing the markers on to a CD and then an aqua painter to
pick up the color. I love the watercolor effect.

SAD

On 5/9/08 8:09 AM, in article
,

Old May 11th 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Kenda

Hi there, what you are looking for is odorless mineral spirits. I buy mine
at Michael's. I hadn't thought about putting the marker on a CD! That
makes so much sense, thanks for mentioning that.
--
Kenda
(Remove NOSPAM to reply)

View my projects @: http://community.webshots.com/user/kendalee101
View my blog @: www.kendasworld.blogspot.com
Projects completed for 2008
LO's: 12x12: 8
Cards: 95
Altered clock (in Firefighter theme of course!)
Sour Cream Packets: 50
Mini Sour Cream Packets: 25

Old May 11th 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Wave Jumper[_2_]

I'm sure lots of people saved those CD's when companies mailed them as
advertisements. Their great for all sorts of things.

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check Michael's and Jo-Ann's the next time
I get a coupon. ;-)

SAD

Old May 12th 08, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Tom and Karen Brooks

I've been using the watercolor pencils, but not really able to make them
look like watercolors, they look more like pencil marks. I don't think I'm
good at the blending part. Then I just think, why don't I just use water
color paints?

Kare

Old May 13th 08, 02:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Roscoe2

Funny I LOVE my twinkling H20's I used them non-stop for a very long
time, then I found the chalk pencils and used them all of the time,
then I lost interest in Stamping. Yes you read that right I lost
interest. It became a business instead of a hobby, but now I have
refound interest and have been playing like crazy. I just need to
figure out a way to send pictures for you all to see. Ok I am not
braggin because believe you me they are not the nicest, but I did want
to share the chalk pencils with creations with you. So, we will see.
Any ideas?

I like my prisma pencils too, I just wish I knew how to do that
technique with the white pencil trick. I will figure it out I hope.
Ha ha