Good grief, it's quiet!!

Old July 20th 03, 03:36 AM
Cheryl

If money were no object, I would get myself two flat files (the ones that
architects used to use for their drawings) that would hold all my stamps and
let me open a drawer and I could see hundreds of my stamps all at the same
time. Think that I would get one that was around 39'' wide by 25" deep.
Unfortunately, you rarely find used ones and the new ones are really pricey.
Check out www.dickblick.com They have some beautiful oak ones. I can
always dream...

Cheryl

"Erin-Joi Collins McNeal" wrote in message
I have the room. I would love to have the money to renovate it to be best
for stamping and other crafts.

Erin-Joi

If you think that something small cannot make a difference---try sleeping
with a mosquito in the room.

If I told you that I was walking 35 miles in 2 days to help women with
undetected breast cancer find out early enough to survive, would you

support
me? http://erinjoi.pledgepage.com
Feel free to forward my pledgepage to anyone interested in the walk or the
cause.

"Scrapula" wrote in message
. ..

I would love a *room* devoted entirely to my crafts. Right now, I use

the
office/guestroom/storage room.

~Scrapula

Old July 20th 03, 03:04 PM
Brandi

What type of cabinets did you purchase from IKEA? I am looking for
something to store my paper.

Thanks!
Brandi
"JEG MAG" wrote in message
Hi,

I am fortunate to have a 'rubber room'. The best thing I ever bought for

it
was a Collectors Cabinet. I could not believe how much stuff I fit in it.
They are a little pricey, but it was well worth it rather than by Iris

cart
after Iris cart! I also found some cabinets at IKEA that are perfect to

hold
paper.
Of course, organization is an ongoing process! LOL

MA
Mary Ann

Old July 20th 03, 08:31 PM
Jennifer

If i could buy anything, i would buy myself a house so i could setup a
craft room just for ME!!!! I currently live in an apt and i have NO
ROOM to do anything!! too much stuff...and i have to do all my
crafting in my bedroom. i should just take over the whole living room
and switch out the rooms, but i'm lazy. hehe.

i need a nice decent sized house where i can just take over the
den/dining room area for all my stuff!

-jen

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:22:07 GMT, "Alison"
wrote:

So, rather than pout, I'll make an attempt at starting up a thread:

If you could, what big ticket RS item would you splurge on?

Me? I just ordered a heat gun like Suze uses. My piggy bank was full, and
this is one of the things I knew I wanted to splurge the "proceeds" on.
I've seen some people say "how could a heat gun possibly be worth that
price?!!?" Well, all I can say is I got to use it once, and I've been
itching for one ever since.

For the remainder of the piggy money, I haven't decided... I may get one of
those HomePro long reach punch/eyelet setter/nailhead setter gizmos and
accessories. Or, I might go for a digital camera that can handle macro
shots so I can take good photos of my cards (I don't have a scanner, and
feel a camera would be much more versatile).

So, were budget not an issue, and you were going to indulge on you RS
addiction, what would you get?

Come in from the heat and play a while!
Alison

Old July 23rd 03, 05:11 AM
Geiar N'Dege

Mmmm, if I were to splurge I'd have to say practical storage. Right now
all my stamping stuff,
paper and toys live in a not so great collection of moving boxes :-/

Geiar

Old August 4th 03, 05:22 AM
annafine

"Cecelia Medbery" wrote in message ...
I don't know if this counts as a rubber stamp item, but I would buy the
Sizzix. I know they can be found at Michael's and with the coupon they are
$50 or less, but then all the dies are separate so I haven't made the
purchase yet. Yes, it's mostly geared toward scrapbooking, but I think it
would be useful in card making and other rubber stamping projects.

Cecelia

Cecelia,

You're right in saying that the Sizzix is mostly geared toward
scrapbooking, but I have seen some very nice cards made out of the
cutouts from the Sizzix. My sister has one (she got it from my
parents for Christmas), so that's something to think about...Ask
someone to get it for you as a gift (if your family is into
gift-giving). Then the only expense to you is the occassional die for
it (and even those can get expensive!).

Anna

Good News for a change JL Amerson Beads 8 March 25th 04 09:11 AM
My good news Carol in SLC Beads 44 October 20th 03 11:15 PM
My good news Carol in SLC Beads 0 October 14th 03 02:44 PM
Some good news! Lee S. Billings Beads 7 July 4th 03 07:10 PM