OT. Now I am really down in the dumps

Old June 23rd 04, 11:38 AM
Shirley Shone

Default OT. Now I am really down in the dumps

If my bad news last week was not enough I am facing another issue.
I have been diagnosed as I diabetic. Got the testing kit but not the
T-shirt.

I feel really dumped on. The weather is in key with me because it is
bucketing down.
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone
Old June 23rd 04, 12:31 PM
Su/Cutworks

If my bad news last week was not enough I am facing another issue.
I have been diagnosed as I diabetic. Got the testing kit but not the
T-shirt.

I feel really dumped on. The weather is in key with me because it is
bucketing down.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shirley))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))
)))

It's bucketing down here too, but there's always sun after the storm.

-Su

Old June 23rd 04, 01:52 PM
lgreene

Oh Shirley. Things can only look up from here. Just as an aside, I am
diabetic, and it really isn't horrible. It's an adjustment, though. I know
that with your other obstacles this seems like another straw on the camel's
back.

Keeping good thoughts for you, my friend.

Lisa

Old June 23rd 04, 03:21 PM
Kandice Seeber

Oh, ((((((((Shirley))))))))))

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old June 23rd 04, 03:22 PM
Beadbimbo

Awwwwwww, I'm sorry Shirley!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old June 23rd 04, 03:37 PM
Candace

I don't know if this will help you to feel any better, Shirley, but I just
wanted to share.

One of my great aunts was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, and while
talking to my mother about it, this is what she said:

"I'm upset about being sick, yes. But I'm honoured that the Lord has made me
strong--so strong that he feels that I can endure this too."

I wish I could hug you and make it all go away, sweetie.
~Candace~
Orphan Beads Low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Old June 23rd 04, 04:24 PM
Shirley Shone

Thank you for those words Candice.
Shirley

In message , Candace
writes

Old June 23rd 04, 04:47 PM
starlia

Shirley I don't know what to say except hugs.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old June 23rd 04, 05:46 PM
Arondelle

Shirley Shone wrote:
If my bad news last week was not enough I am facing another issue.
I have been diagnosed as I diabetic. Got the testing kit but not the
T-shirt.

Keep your chin up, Shirley.

I remember the first couple of months after being diagnosed diabetic --
it was Hel. Why me? After I went through the education program at my
hospital, learned how to test, and how to eat properly, the anger and
guilt finally subsided and I was able to take control of my life again.

I also got my blood sugar under control when I stopped stressing out
over it. (Just a Thought: stress makes your blood sugar go up. Are your
doctors sure that this is the metabolic/insulin resistance thing, and
not a function of all the stress you've been under lately?)

Meanwhile -- Test, test, test. Keep a good record of your sugar levels
and a diary of what you've eaten, when you've eaten it, and how you were
feeling at the time. Knowing what your patterns are helps you to take
control, and it helps a lot to feel as if you're being proactive.

Good luck!
Arondelle

PS: Be sure to rotate the fingers you test on, and never poke yourself
in the pads of your fingertips. Otherwise, you end up with extremely
raw, sore fingers. Not a Good Thing for a beady person!
To email me, empty the pond with a net
Shop eBay with me: http://snipurl.com/3usr
Visit Arondelle's Dream Worlds at: http://www.arondelle.com
Read my Blog: http://www.angelfire.com/blog/arondelle/index.html