OT News Reader

Old April 22nd 08, 06:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Heidi B

Default OT News Reader

Hi,
I haven't been able to read the group for a while. Got a new PC and
found out, 'Free Agent' is no longer free :-(
So do you have any help where I can find another free news reader ?
TIA
Heidi
Posting via the test version of Agent
Old April 22nd 08, 12:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen[_4_]

Heidi,

I use Thunderbird. It's free and works great.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

Karen in WI

Old April 22nd 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita L. in MA

Heidi,

Somebody on this list (Connie?) recommended motzarella as a news reader.
I had been using mozilla and added motzarella as a backup. I now use
it exclusively. Take a look at http://motzarella.org/
It has some limits, but none that bother me. HTH

Rita L.

Old April 22nd 08, 02:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

I use Mozilla Thunderbird for e-mail and news. It's free. It is a
reader, not a server, so your ISP has to have news groups or you have to
have another news server. http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/

Julia in MN

--
-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old April 22nd 08, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Heidi - I use google since rogers stopped supporting the newsgroups a
couple of years ago - yes, sometimes it does hiccup and when that
happens, I switch to 'talk about' http://www.talkaboutcrafting.com/gro...iles.quilting/
which is easy to use and is also free. jennellh

Old April 22nd 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin - bogus address

I haven't been able to read the group for a while. Got a new PC and
found out, 'Free Agent' is no longer free :-(
So do you have any help where I can find another free news reader ?

A lot of people seem to like 40tude. Good spam filtering.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old April 22nd 08, 07:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 07:41:38 +0200, Heidi B
wrote:

Hi,
I haven't been able to read the group for a while. Got a new PC and
found out, 'Free Agent' is no longer free :-(
So do you have any help where I can find another free news reader ?
TIA
Heidi
Posting via the test version of Agent

I googled for you, and sorted out some hits.

http://www.softsea.com/review/40tude-Dialog.html
http://gravity.tbates.org/
http://www.thefreesite.com/Free_Soft...oups_freeware/
http://www.archive.org/details/ForteFreeAgent3.3

Gravity and Free Agent were two of the most popular readers, so I
included direct hits to downloads.
The others give you some shopping choices.

I am using Free Agent. Don't recall where I downloaded it from at the
minute.
At the time I went and looked over the new full Agent and was
seriously unimpressed. Having a killfile did not seem an adequete
exchange for getting all the junk they have loaded on to it. YMMV
So I shopped up a copy of Free Agent on a freeware site.

NightMist
--

Nothing has been the same since that house fell on my sister.
Old April 22nd 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

I use Thunderbird too. I had Free Agent orgininally, but like the
Thunderbird much better. Took a bit of getting used to but then anything
new does. I like being able to block 'nasty' posts.

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

Old April 23rd 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Heidi B

Default OT News Reader - Thanks

Thank you so much to all of you !!! Looks like I got something to do
during the weekend :-))
Heidi

Old May 4th 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Heidi B

Hi John,
thanks for directing me to this site. This was exactly what I was
looking for.
I liked my old free version far better than the new one, so I
hesitated to pay the 29 § for it.
Thank you very much
Heidi

wrote:

Hi,
I haven't been able to read the group for a while. Got a new PC and
found out, 'Free Agent' is no longer free :-(
So do you have any help where I can find another free news reader ?
TIA
Heidi
Posting via the test version of Agent

According to the Agent FAQ, version 3.3 was the last with a free mode.
Fortunately it is still available for download, for now:
http://forteinc.com/agent/download-all.php

Get it while you can and put copies in a few safe places.

I'm sticking with 2.0, myself. I didn't like the changes they made in
version 3.

JA