In Memory of 9/11

Old September 11th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

Default In Memory of 9/11

Let There be Peace on Earth
Words and music by
Sy Miller and Jill Jackson
1955

Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me,
Let there be peace on earth, the peace that was meant to be.
With God as our Father, brothers all are we,
Let me walk with my brother, in perfect harmony.
Let peace begin with me, let this be the moment now,
With every step I take, let this be my solemn vow,
To take each moment and live each moment in peace eternally.
Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me!

--

Karen C
Native New Yorker now in California
Old September 11th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

This is a beautiful song - we sang it every year at GS camp and tonight
I am going to teach it to my troop in remembrance of 9/11. Thank you
for reminding me of it.

Linda W.

Old September 11th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Brenda Lewis

I worked at Hiram College on that fateful day. Two days later, when we
had received word from all faculty, staff, and students who were in NYC
at the time and had communicated with all students' families who might
have been affected, we gathered on central campus for a memorial service
during lunchtime. All who wished joined hands around the flag pole and
we prayed, spoke our feelings, and sang as we felt moved. This was one
of the songs we sang.

Karen C - California wrote:
Let There be Peace on Earth
Words and music by
Sy Miller and Jill Jackson
1955

Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me,
Let there be peace on earth, the peace that was meant to be.
With God as our Father, brothers all are we,
Let me walk with my brother, in perfect harmony.
Let peace begin with me, let this be the moment now,
With every step I take, let this be my solemn vow,
To take each moment and live each moment in peace eternally.
Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me!

--
Brenda
Never forget