Orlando quilt show, and meeting with Estelle!

Old January 26th 04, 03:12 PM
SusanTorrens

Default Orlando quilt show, and meeting with Estelle!

On Saturday, my quilting buddy, Linda and I drove from Zephryhills to Kissimmee
and picked up Estelle. She had posted a few months ago that she would be
visiting from England, but with a group of avid golfers. I offered her a ride
to the quilt show, and she was brave enough to hop in a somewhat total
stranger's van in a foreign country. (We weren't total strangers thanks to
RCTQ!)
We had the most wonderful day! What is better than 3 quilters, spending the
day at a quilt show, followed by a 2 1/2 hour visit to Queen Ann's Lace.
Needless to say, we all did a bit of damage to our pocketbooks, but found quite
a few things that just jumped into our arms (at least that's what I told DH!)
Estelle gave us 4 beautiful pieces of her hand dyed fabrics, and some lovely
English Cadbury's chocolate! I brought some fabric with all the provincial
flowers of Canada for her to take for a souvenir.
Get out there and meet members of the newsgroup! It is really the best!!!!!
Estelle and her DH will be leaving on 30 Jan to return home, so I am hoping to
be able to spend another day with her. Since she is the golf widow of the
group, and doesn't drive on the wrong side of the road, DH and I offered to
take her or her and DH to Disney World, if they would like and have time. They
are visiting his sister and her DH, who live in Virginia, but come to Florida
to golf every winter.
Now off to wash all my new fabric :-)

Susan, from Kingston ON
quilting in Florida (what else?)