Brother or Janome

Old November 9th 03, 08:36 PM
Denise Worden

Default Brother or Janome

I could use some opinions please. Have done much agonizing between between
Bernina, Pfaff, and Viking TOL machines to do piecing, machine quilting and
embroidery. The Bernina is just so expensive. The Pfaff appears to have
too many problems. The Viking embroidery seems to have issues with software
and quality. Finally came to somewhat of a different decision. Have
decided to get a Brother 1500 for the machine quilting. For the piecing and
embroidery, it's a Brother ULT 2003D or a Janome 10000/10001. For those of
you who use either the Brother or Janome machines for your quilting, please
share the pros and cons. Thank you.

Old November 9th 03, 10:19 PM
Joan8904

I have a Brother 1500 (about 2 years old?) and love it for quilting. It also
works well for piecing. Good stitch quality. Features such as knee lift,
up/down needle and (TADA!) automatic thread cutter. Large bobbin capacity.
And it's really really fast.

joan
joan o'reilly
http://members.aol.com/Joan8904/index.html

Old November 9th 03, 10:38 PM
Helen in MN

Check to see if your Janome has adjustable custom stitches. I have a
MemoryCraft 3500. There is only one size blanket stitch.I wasn't happy
finding that out. Other machines (brands) this is flexible.

Helen in MN

Old November 9th 03, 11:28 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
I have a Janome Decor Excel; love it!
I *could* quilt with it if I chose; I'm a handquilter. g
Pro: it does just what I want it to do, has more stitches
than I'll ever use, is quiet, dependable, and easily serviced by
my local sewing machine shop where I bought it (just had it
cleaned and serviced last week). The shop sells several brands,
and highly praise the Janome line.
Con: none, for me.
http://janome.com/

A sewing machine review site:
http://quiltstuff.home.att.net/ (Thanks, Kevin!)

Ragmop/Sandy

Old November 10th 03, 12:16 AM
Marcella Tracy Peek

In article eHwrb.114809$ao4.347205@attbi_s51,
"Denise Worden" wrote:

I could use some opinions please. Have done much agonizing between between
Bernina, Pfaff, and Viking TOL machines to do piecing, machine quilting and
embroidery. The Bernina is just so expensive. The Pfaff appears to have
too many problems. The Viking embroidery seems to have issues with software
and quality. Finally came to somewhat of a different decision. Have
decided to get a Brother 1500 for the machine quilting. For the piecing and
embroidery, it's a Brother ULT 2003D or a Janome 10000/10001. For those of
you who use either the Brother or Janome machines for your quilting, please
share the pros and cons. Thank you.

I have the Brother 1500. I love it for quilting and I often use it for
piecing as well. Sews a beautiful stitch and comes with a 1/4" foot.

My mom has an older Janome (the 6000 I think) that does embroidery and
such and really loves it. I have a Janome too and like it but it's a
much simpler model - mechanical, not too many stitches. Good machines
at a reasonable price.

marcella
Old November 10th 03, 01:40 PM
CHARLES MURPHY

I have several Janome New home machines.....I love them the newest is 4800QC
which is just great has a blanket stitch and buttonhole sttich the best on
the market as far as I am concerned if I were in the market for an
embroidery machine it would definitely be a Janome. Plus I have a great
dealer service man.

--
Mauvice in Central WI USA